Please can we trade for LaRoche...

bej6789

Not a chance in hell you land LaRoche for Bradford. That's a pipe dream.

When was the last time a GM traded their #2 positional prospect for a ROOGY?

With that being said, if we can land LaRoche for Sherrill, I do that trade every single time.

You get an average defensive 3B, with a near .900 career OPS in MiLB. The kid has a ton of patience as well. He's fallen out of favour with the Dodgers.

Now, Coletti, IMHO, is pretty much a bonehead. Acquiring guys like Andruw Jones and Juan Pierre for the ridiculous contracts they've received has been hilarious.

Sherrill is just a LOOGY without a track record, at all, for being a closer. The guy could implode just as much as LaRoche could implode physically.

Get LaRoche YESTERDAY!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess what worries me is that after ready today sun were Dan Connolly said is guess was that the 40 man would remain intact. I then tuned into espn who speculated who was on the move. He mentioned 3 relievers including Fuentes... I dont recall the names but none of them were Sherrill. Also the commentator specualted Tex to the Dodgers .... which certainly my change the dynamics of who they could/would trade for Sherrill.

Sure a lot of this has to AM & his tight lips .... But I would imagine that Sherrill be available is pretty common knowlege:confused:

I guess what worries me is that after ready today sun were Dan Connolly said is guess was that the 40 man would remain intact. I then tuned into espn who speculated who was on the move. He mentioned 3 relievers including Fuentes... I dont recall the names but none of them were Sherrill. Also the commentator specualted Tex to the Dodgers .... which certainly my change the dynamics of who they could/would trade for Sherrill.

Sure a lot of this has to AM & his tight lips .... But I would imagine that Sherrill be available is pretty common knowlege:confused:

I'm guessing that Connolly and the ESPN guys are right on the money. We probably won't trade anyone.

I'm guessing that Connolly and the ESPN guys are right on the money. We probably won't trade anyone.

I would hope they are wrong! But you would imagine that if they thought Sherrill might be on the move that they would at least mention him.

Yea, I don't think people get how much upside this guy has...He was the #2 prospect in the Dodgers organization heading into the year, behind only Kershaw. I think he was in the top 25 overall in all of baseball.

When talking about Bedard, i wanted LaRoche more than Adam Jones...Now, we have a chance at getting both of them.

LaRoche has a lot of power, good plate discipline and should be good for an 850+ OPS.

He isn't some GGer over at third but he should be around league average over there.

Then why are the Dodgers so keen on shipping him off at all, let alone for so little?? If LaRoche were an Oriole and Sherrill & Bradford were Dodgers, you'd be leading a pitch-forked mob down to the warehouse to string AM up for even considering the trade.

Then why are the Dodgers so keen on shipping him off at all, let alone for so little?? If LaRoche were an Oriole and Sherrill & Bradford were Dodgers, you'd be leading a pitch-forked mob down to the warehouse to string AM up for even considering the trade.

Wow, more posts that have zero basis on reality and piss poor speculation...Gotta love the Hangout today!

Yea, I don't think people get how much upside this guy has...He was the #2 prospect in the Dodgers organization heading into the year, behind only Kershaw. I think he was in the top 25 overall in all of baseball.

When talking about Bedard, i wanted LaRoche more than Adam Jones...Now, we have a chance at getting both of them.

LaRoche has a lot of power, good plate discipline and should be good for an 850+ OPS.

He isn't some GGer over at third
but he should be around league average over there.

Perhaps he could be moved to 1B & we could find a better 3B prospect!

This is certainly a good sign. Per www.rotoworld.com

Andy LaRoche-3B-Dodgers Jul. 27 - 4:11 pm et

Dodgers optioned infielder Andy LaRoche to Triple-A Las Vegas.

The Dodgers certainly aren't helping themselves by keeping both Angel Berroa and Pablo Ozuna over LaRoche. Still, that's par for the course. LaRoche should be hoping for a trade, as it seems highly unlikely that the Dodgers will pencil him in as their third baseman in 2009.

The Dodgers certainly aren't helping themselves by keeping both Angel Berroa and Pablo Ozuna over LaRoche. Still, that's par for the course. LaRoche should be hoping for a trade, as it seems highly unlikely that the Dodgers will pencil him in as their third baseman in 2009.

I'm tellin ya... Bradford for LaRoche.

The Dodgers are really hurting his value.

Roncey has mentioned that taking on money isn't something the Dodgers can do right now.

I tell you what, i think Bradford for LaRoche may be more possible than people think IF we take on Nomar and his contract.

The Dodgers are really hurting his value.

Roncey has mentioned that taking on money isn't something the Dodgers can do right now.

I tell you what, i think Bradford for LaRoche may be more possible than people think IF we take on Nomar and his contract.

I don't think the Dodgers will trade Nomar unless they make another trade for a SS (Jack Wilson?). No chance they put their playoff chances on Furcal and his gimpy back.

Archived