Please can we trade for LaRoche...

bej6789

Matt Kemp and BRob are equally valued.

Sherrill for two infield prospects -- one of which is perhaps tops in the LA system -- is a very solid return.

We're going for realism, not a pipedream. No?

Roberts is more valuable than Kemp, its not even close in terms of trade value.

Sherrill for two prospects, one of which being LaRoche, is a very shallow return and should again be much more

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kemp isn't going anywhere. Neither is Kershaw.

Bradford for LaRoche is a pipe dream.

If LAD offers us LaRoche for Sherrill- you take that trade quickly. You don't wait for Colletti to sober up.

The expectations of some here for what can be had for Bradford, let alone Sherrill are pure fantasy.

Would we be giving up the likes of Reimold, Wieters, Rowell, Arietta, etc..... for a 30-something middle reliever? NO WAY! Not even if we were in a pennant race.

Problem is Roberts is a fan favorite here & in good standing with his team. Kemp may have the Dodgers souring on him. Some concerns here about that IMO.

If we made the Roberts deal then I would suggest Sherrill for Laroche & a AA Arm.

Problem is then you have to immediately move one of Scott or Payton with Kemp coming in. Also Huff or Millar would need to go in a deal or by DFA in Millar's case. In any case Melvin could be moved to second if Roberts is moved. Otherwise they could use him as a super util or SS through seasons end. If Kemp played LF ...Then Scott to 1B?

Huff is absolutely a trade candidate, and Millar and Payton are easy DFAs.

Melvin would go to the bench, and LaRoche and DeJesus would be up immediately and in the line-up everyday. Scott and Kemp are your alternating LF/DH for the sake of fresh legs.

Kemp isn't going anywhere. Neither is Kershaw.

Bradford for LaRoche is a pipe dream.

If LAD offers us LaRoche for Sherrill- you take that trade quickly. You don't wait for Colletti to sober up.

The expectations of some here for what can be had for Bradford, let alone Sherrill are pure fantasy.

How many people would make that trade straight up??????

Are you people serious? That is laughable that you think you take that trade. What is wrong with you? Do you just want to make trades for the sake of making them? I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that Bradford could land LaRoche but to say that if offered LaRoche for Sherrill you immediately take that ytade and not wait for Colletti to sober up infers that you yourself must be HEAVILY intoxicated. I really hope this is just hard to decipher sarcasm if not then wow

After what they gave up for Blake I would think we could get LaRoche for Bradford. I would not trade Sherrill for LaRoche.

I do wonder if this is possible BB....I would rather send them Sherrill and get another very good prospect back but if you can get LaRoche for Bradford and then send Sherrill elsewhere, that would be sweet too.

Either way, AM needs to get something done with LA...It makes too much sense.

Sherrill for two prospects, one of which being LaRoche, is a very shallow return and should again be much more

There you go again...... Sherrill is worth *much more* than LaRoche?

LaRoche is one of the top prospects in baseball. Sherrill is a good LH set up guy or an average closer (at best). Most teams that want him will use him in middle relief. I doubt that they are giving multiple blue chippers up for him. If we are lucky to catch Colletti in a weak moment and he offers one (LaRoche)- take it and RUN.

I bet that most GM's in baseball would view Kemp at least as valuable as Roberts, right now.

They are equally valuable because of salary and service time. And this is before the conversation begins about Roberts's impending decline.

And on Sherrill -- sell high, cbm! He's 31, and will likely never be more valuable. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

Are you people serious? That is laughable that you think you take that trade. What is wrong with you? Do you just want to make trades for the sake of making them? I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that Bradford could land LaRoche but to say that if offered LaRoche for Sherrill you immediately take that ytade and not wait for Colletti to sober up infers that you yourself must be HEAVILY intoxicated. I really hope this is just hard to decipher sarcasm if not then wow

The more I read your posts, the more evident it is becoming that you know nothing about these players.

End of the day, if that is the best we could get for Sherrill, no way is he on the team come Aug 1...Can't turn down a talent like LaRoche...I do think 66/70/83 is undervaluing Sherrill.

End of the day if thats the best deal you can get for Sherrill you hang up the phone laugh in Colletti's face and keep your closer.

Oh really? The more I see how readily you snap up prospects for our trade pieces makes me think you know very little about trade strategy and of course GM's would love to trade with you because you're so easily fleeced.

They didn't give up that much and you aren't getting LaRoche for Bradford. Sorry.

I don't think this deal could happen but I also think dismissing it is silly.

The Dodgers may be more desperate to move LaRoche than they should be and if teams aren't biting on him, which they may not be, Bradford could be the best they get.

Again, i tend to agree with you but I don't think you can dismiss it..Stranger things have happened.

Archived