Mark Trumbo on 60 Day Injury List

weams

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’ll admit, I said last week that I did not think he’d need to be out anywhere near that long.    I was wrong.   

Trumbo said yesterday that he was around the seventh  month of a rehab that takes 9-12 months. He is a little ahead of schedule.Hopefully not 12 months but we shall see.Him coming back in late July or August would serve no purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Trumbo said yesterday that he was around the seventh  month of a rehab that takes 9-12 months. He is a little ahead of schedule.Hopefully not 12 months but we shall see.Him coming back in late July or August would serve no purpose. 

I don't think him coming back in May or June would serve a purpose.

I think this could improve the odds of him having any July trade value.  I kind of see him in the Roger Clemens partial season mold now.  If he shows the league he can hit for 6-8 weeks in June and July, it'll be a feature not a bug that his rehab was extensive and there's no April/May wear and tear.  And if he can't hit anymore, then he just can't hit, so there was never a chance anyway.

I hope Mancini's in a strategy meeting with someone this week where they are telling him he can pass on his OF gloves forever, and that they want him to spend a year focusing on how to beat the DH penalty.  My wish for Mancini is the top third of the order, 160 games and 700 PA's - just go hit.  There's no regular on the team good enough that you still want them in for the half-day off.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I assume this is a quality of life surgery not a real return to baseball one. 

Archived