Cashner Game One Starter, Karns Game Two Opener

weams

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’d consider it if he could teach some of our pitchers how to work the strike zone in addition to trying to attempt a comeback.

Step one: Get the umps to call pitches five inches outside the strikezone strikes

Step two:

Step three: Profit

Man FFS all doom and gloom here.  For crying out loud, the Tampa and Oakland opener strategy worked well last year.  I am thrilled that the new regime is trying it out.  So what if it is the second game?  The new manager and staff have to learn fast here.  Might as well be ASAP against the MFY in Yankee Stadium.

What in the hell are you people expecting?

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You must be new here.

Been a diehard since my whole life.  43 years now.  I’ve witnessed along with many of you some horrible Orioles teams. Many incompetent GMs along the way and a CONSTANT lack of player development.

THESE are the main reasons I am excited this year...not because we are trying a new opener or carrying cheap, defense first guys.

But this same trash, post after post is really boring.

This is a New day in Orioles History, and the results are not going to be measured on the field for opening weekend.

I get the negativity in general, the rotation is bad but what is the issue?  Cobb can’t pitch and got hurt last minute. They have one start to get through without him. They picked the day after an off day.  

It’s almost as if some think this would be happening even if Cobb was healthy. He isn’t. Could they use someone like Rogers in his place? sure, but we are talking about one game and they have an 8 man pen.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I get the negativity in general, the rotation is bad but what is the issue?  Cobb can’t pitch and got hurt last minute. They have one start to get through without him. They picked the day after an off day.  

It’s almost as if some think this would be happening even if Cobb was healthy. He isn’t. Could they use someone like Rogers in his place? sure, but we are talking about one game and they have an 8 man pen.  

I truly think this was part of the plan all along.  It makes too much sense.

And if it was part of the plan, it is because the analytics say it is a good idea.

we don’t have Verlander, Cole, Keuchel, McCullers, McHugh, Morton, etc.  we need to do something different to win ballgames.

Archived