Cashner Game One Starter, Karns Game Two Opener

weams

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie83 said:

Using an opener? I expected this at some point but not this early. This is all about Cobb. 

Sooner the better IMO.  Learn as you go.  Trial and error is going to be the norm for this group.

1 minute ago, AceKing said:

Been a diehard since my whole life.  43 years now.  I’ve witnessed along with many of you some horrible Orioles teams. Many incompetent GMs along the way and a CONSTANT lack of player development.

THESE are the main reasons I am excited this year...not because we are trying a new opener or carrying cheap, defense first guys.

But this same trash, post after post is really boring.

This is a New day in Orioles History, and the results are not going to be measured on the field for opening weekend.

I love optimists.  ?    If you think the posts are negative now,  I would certainly watch out for the game threads.    

2 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Sooner the better IMO.  Learn as you go.  Trial and error is going to be the norm for this group.

They will be using one a lot because the rotation is a mess. There isn’t any real depth at AAA either. 

I’m fine with anything at this point. Not saying that.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

They will be using one a lot because the rotation is a mess. There isn’t any real depth at AAA either. 

I’m fine with anything at this point. Not saying that.  

Exactly.

This is why I think it was part of the plan for the season.  They don’t have enough quality innings without exploiting matchups.

Exploiting matchups is a part of the opener strategy by design.

It makes bad pitchers passable due to the circumstances.

All part of the plan.

39 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Been a diehard since my whole life.  43 years now.  I’ve witnessed along with many of you some horrible Orioles teams. Many incompetent GMs along the way and a CONSTANT lack of player development.

THESE are the main reasons I am excited this year...not because we are trying a new opener or carrying cheap, defense first guys.

But this same trash, post after post is really boring.

This is a New day in Orioles History, and the results are not going to be measured on the field for opening weekend.

You have no evidence there will be better player development.  

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

You are a miserable internet entity.

You seem the one that is miserable. You keep insulting me for no reason.  Maybe you have issues with your personal life, I dont know but please stop taking it out on me.

Andy Macphail and Dan Duquette had previous success developing players as GMs for other teams.  I am not sure why everyone thinks Elias will be better.  

22 minutes ago, atomic said:

You have no evidence there will be better player development.  

Elias had a lot of input into the Astros system. Even with the players that are on the ML club now, their Minor League system is still loaded. I'd say that's a little evidence.

Archived