Orioles Fall 7-2 to Yankees on Opening Day

weams

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

Fry has better splits against right-handed hitters. The one run he gave up was the Bird home run on an 0-2 pitch to a left-handed hitter.

I never trust reverse splits to stabilize. 

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

None. It doesn't matter because the talent level is so low. 

I found it interesting that his #4 and #5 starters were the first two relievers he called on. Does this mean anything? Who knows? 

It's baseball. Just try to enjoy the game without worrying about the results for a few years.

MASN has it up already. Wright is stretched out, Means and Fry can go long for us. Hess is going to start in a few days.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You'd see this once in a lifetime but a start comparable to the '88 team.  I'm not saying they're gonna go 0-21 but I can see a terrible start.

Actually, I dunno.  The '88 Orioles had two hall of famers on that team, Cal had a 5.8 WAR that year.  Eddie had a solid year.  Fred Lynn was decent, so was Tettleton.

This version of the Orioles has no one close to that.  The pitching might be worse.  I dunno.  Again, 0-21 is a once in a lifetime thing but I could see this team challenging it.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Actually, I dunno.  The '88 Orioles had two hall of famers on that team, Cal had a 5.8 WAR that year.  Eddie had a solid year.  Fred Lynn was decent, so was Tettleton.

This version of the Orioles has no one close to that.  The pitching might be worse.  I dunno.  Again, 0-21 is a once in a lifetime thing but I could see this team challenging it.

Schilling went 0-3 for that team.

Archived