Game 2 lineup. What do you think?

Natty

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

When I saw that line, I had the thought that might be worth putting some money down on today. 

Yea I might. 

If if you go beyond “lololol no way this team ever wins a game!!1!1” it’s a favorable seeming number. 

IIRC a completely replacement level team should go like 40-122. Obviously this Yankees team is better than average, but the Os are probably a little better than straight replacement (particularly with opener-bullpen today). That number seems to suggest that the Os are expected to have a .200 win probability, I’d say it’s a bit better than that. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Maybe you should share your thoughts on the team with all the big wigs you know instead of spreading gloom and doom among fans who have their own reason to be here. Your rants are as unseemly as they are predictable. Just be nice.

The entire point of this board is for people to share their opinions. Losing complete interest in this team because the Front Office has decided to completely tank is a very valid opinion. Roy's under no obligation to be nice just because that's what you want.

1 minute ago, theocean said:

The entire point of this board is for people to share their opinions. Losing complete interest in this team because the Front Office has decided to completely tank is a very valid opinion. Roy's under no obligation to be nice just because that's what you want.

He doesn't have to be nice, but he can't just keep saying the same thing over and over again without contributing to the conversation.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

With respect. I have an opinion as do you. I have no obligation to be nice. Or mean.Its just MY opinion,and I'm not in the PR business.Thank you.

Roy, keep posting. Good to have as many Orioles fans sharing their opinions as possible. 

That said, I love to see your prognostications be terribly, utterly, humiliatingly wrong (because that typically means the Os win). 

26 minutes ago, theocean said:

The Commissioner shouldn't be worried about pace of play - he should be worried about teams rolling out an embarrassing lineup like this.

What lineup should they be putting out there? The two major sits from OD are Davis and Mullins, two guys who have struggled against LHP. It would seem this is an effort to optimize against opponent given the current 25. 

30 minutes ago, theocean said:

The Commissioner shouldn't be worried about pace of play - he should be worried about teams rolling out an embarrassing lineup like this.

Last year's team was selected by at least one national baseball expert to win the 2nd wildcard in the AL. Instead, we lost more than 100 games. On any given day, any team can win. Even one with this lineup.

10 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I picked them to win 59 games, so it's not all sunshine and lollipops for me, but I try to bring new points into discussions. You keep making the same complaints over and over without offering anything else.  There is a word for that, and I believe it is against the Terms of Service here. If you don't have anything new to say, just STFU.

59 wins?!?!... That's some really high expectations this year......Maybe that was before Elias basically said all our prospects are going to be redeveloped and will be pushed through AAA again..... which means we are not going to see Hays, Diaz, etc. anytime soon. 

This is game #2... and we are already trolling the yanks right now with this garbage lineup. 

1 minute ago, Mayor McCheese said:

59 wins?!?!... That's some really high expectations this year......Maybe that was before Elias basically said all our prospects are going to be redeveloped and will be pushed through AAA again..... which means we are not going to see Hays, Diaz, etc. anytime soon.  w

This is game #2... and we are already trolling the yanks right now with this garbage lineup. 

I expect the lineup will get better as prospects are brought up throughout the season. The entire season will be brutal, especially the first two months. But it's still Orioles baseball and that's a great thing.

16 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I don't even know if Ill watch today...its that pointless.

I’d sure watch it if I could.  I’m just an optimistic guy. I just can’t get down on an O’s team because of the lineup. Sorry if I stepped on anyone’s toes.

22 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Its game 2 of the season, and Im having trouble caring and watching. This is depressing me. We literally have NO chance.Even in some awfully lean years, I haven't felt like this. At some point, management must put its best product on the field to at least stir some interest. I realize Hays is hurt and others were sent down for various reasons. But for God's sake this is still an entertainment business....and this team isn't even entertaining.And this is coming from one of the most passionate Oriole fans I know....ME.

You don't have to watch right now if it's too painful. I am excited that the organization is finally on the right path. Trying to field a competitive team to appease the base is how we got in this mess and exactly the wrong thing to do.

21 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Yea I might. 

If if you go beyond “lololol no way this team ever wins a game!!1!1” it’s a favorable seeming number. 

IIRC a completely replacement level team should go like 40-122. Obviously this Yankees team is better than average, but the Os are probably a little better than straight replacement (particularly with opener-bullpen today). That number seems to suggest that the Os are expected to have a .200 win probability, I’d say it’s a bit better than that. 

Orioles didn’t use any of their good bullpen arms in the first game so they are all available. Score 3 or 4 runs early and I like their chances today.  

I had fun watching them on Thursday. I knew they were going to lose mostly because the team they were playing might win 110 games this year but they did some nice things. Defense was solid, Smith Jr. and Mancini put a charge into some balls and Hess' stuff looks like it'll play up from the pen. It's game two on the road against the best team in the AL people. They'd lose this series with an 80 win roster. Bring something new to the table besides "this team stinks." It's as boring and lazy a take as it is obvious.

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I get it, and you're not wrong. Im just saying I'd like to see the best prospects up soon..this team is colorless and punchless....I can't even watch this pummeling every night and day.

Best prospects up here soon? I thought the point of this rebuild was to be very bad for several years, keep the best prospects down in the minors to maximize service time and bring the best prospects up when we are closer to being competitive again. Minor league baseball has a fantastic app where you can listen to every game free.

Archived