Hyde's Decisions 2019

Aristotelian

2 minutes ago, Anonsnides said:

I'm hoping Hess has more games like tonight. He still went without giving up a hit for 6 and a third. He looked absolutely dominant, and went out on as high a note as he was going to, without previously being stretched out.

More of this, less of OMGZZZZZ NO HITTER IS THE ULTIMATE!!!!!11111 WTF HYDE, please 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

To me, it was how he looked that inning.    Fastball down 2 mph and the hitter smacks a screaming liner that happens to find a glove.   He missed his spot on 1-2 pitches in that at bat.   

I get he was on a pitch count.  That being said, what is the effective difference between 77-78 pitches or wherever he was at the start of the inning and 82?  My guess is Hyde wanted him to leave the game feeling good instead of disappointed for losing the no-hitter on the next batter.

7 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He wasn't on full rest, it was going to take 110+ to finish it, Hess didn't look pissed off by it, it's a move that took guts, a hard move, but probably the right move to stick with what I'd assume was a pre-determined pitch count. 

The game means nothing.

Nothing.

Your team is going to be epic bad. There is a bright light. His pitch count is low. It isn’t the playoffs.You let the kid pitch.

That is all there really is to this: a really awful decision.

5 minutes ago, Andtothewall said:

When did he start Castro warming? Was it after the line drive off the knee or one of the hits? Either way it’s the dreaded “dry humping” that Buck was always vocal about avoiding, but I think it’s more understandable if he’s worried Bleier might be hurt. 

I want to say it was after Teoscar's triple.

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

Considering the constant moving of players to positions considered questionable, and the questionable bullpen use, this just adds fuel to the fire. Hyde might be in over his head.

Considering the 3-1 record for the worst team in baseball, I think you'll have a hard time selling that.

• weams changed the title to What is Hyde doing????
7 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

And that's why I hate pitch counts. And so do a lot of guys that pitched in the ML.

Yes I was going to post that. What you saw today is the next step of the pitch-count revolution in baseball. 

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

The game means nothing.

Nothing.

Your team is going to be epic bad. There is a bright light. His pitch count is low. It isn’t the playoffs.You let the kid pitch.

That is all there really is to this: a really awful decision.

Is that all there really is to it?

Or is it that he pitched some the other day, possibly has a future in the game and isn't worth racking up a pitch count?  Let's not let facts get in the way of your emotions.

45 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If you’re ever going to use Araujo, a 6-run lead (or deficit) is the time to try it. 

No that was a terrible mistake.  You never put in Pedro in that situation.  The guy never pitched above A ball in the minors and had close to an 8 run ERA last season.  Lucky he only gave up 2 runs.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

More of this, less of OMGZZZZZ NO HITTER IS THE ULTIMATE!!!!!11111 WTF HYDE, please 

They almost lost, it was super lame, and that kinda move can really piss off the clubhouse. 

Get off your Astroball high horse! ?

Archived