Dylan Bundy 2019

Frobby

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m kind of disappointed that Bundy will only go once in the final 10 games, but I guess Hyde wants to test a few less established arms   .

This means Bundy will finish up with 30 starts and about 160 inning. He stayed on the mound for a third straight year and was a more effective than last 2018 as his innings per start dipped once again from 6.03 (2017), to 5.52 (2018), to 5.33 (2019).  He definitely kept us in more games than not. He went 6 or more in 10 of his 29 starts and was replaced somewhere in the 6th inning (start or end) 15 times though.  So there were only 4 games where he didn't carry the team into 6th.

We all hoped for better with Bundy (understatement, I know), but given how his velocity collapsed it's been somewhat satisfying to see him changing things up to stay productive and in the MLB. Hopefully, he can complete the transition as he enters his age 27 season and throw up another solid season or two. There's almost always a place for in the MLB for a pitcher that can take the mound 28-31 times a year and keep his team in the game.

19 minutes ago, SurhoffRules said:

We all hoped for better with Bundy (understatement, I know), but given how his velocity collapsed it's been somewhat satisfying to see him changing things up to stay productive and in the MLB. Hopefully, he can complete the transition as he enters his age 27 season and throw up another solid season or two. There's almost always a place for in the MLB for a pitcher that can take the mound 28-31 times a year and keep his team in the game.

We hoped for Tom Seaver, and got Joe Blanton.    Which is better than getting Matt Hobgood, or even Adam Loewen.   Like I said, I still think he may be capable of taking it up one notch.    He’s pretty resourceful.    

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We hoped for Tom Seaver, and got Joe Blanton.    Which is better than getting Matt Hobgood, or even Adam Loewen.   Like I said, I still think he may be capable of taking it up one notch.    He’s pretty resourceful.    

Probably,  if he was in a bigger park.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Like I said, I still think he may be capable of taking it up one notch.    

It wouldn't surprise me if Bundy turned in a few mid-3 ERA, 190+ inning season before he retired (barring injury). His stuff was electric at draft time but there were plenty of references to his make up and work ethic. I think hes got a decent shot at sticking around the bigs and putting up some seasons to be proud of.

o

57% of the Outs that Bundy recorded (12 out of 21) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

In his last last 4 starts combined, 72% of the Outs that Bundy recorded (52 out of 72) have come via the Groundout and the Strikeout. 

21 OUTS:)  6 Strikeouts, 6 Groundouts 6 Flyouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/24)

IP:ll7

H:llll3 )(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 1 Single)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll2

SO:ll6

Pitches: ll)86 )(56)Strikes, )30)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))4.79  ))  161.67 IP  (86 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.355  ))  161.67 IP  (219 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).256 ) (161 for 628) 3 for 24

PITCHES BY INNING

11llll(81 lllStrikes, llll31 llBalls)

91llll(71 lllStrikes, llll21 llBalls)

15llll(11 lllStrikes, llll41 llBalls)

10llll(71 lllStrikes, llll31 llBalls)

71llll(51 lllStrikes, lll.21 l.Balls)

23 lll(11 llStrikes, lll12 lllBalls)

11lllll(71 lllStrikes, llll41 llBalls)

o

On 9/19/2019 at 6:15 PM, wildcard said:

Probably,  if he was in a bigger park.

Yes, National League parks are bigger on average, and they do not have the DH.  Although I must say that NL pitchers are on average, pretty good hitters.  But IMO, for his sake he needs to be in the NL.  Maybe he can bring us back decent people in an NL trade.