Oriole take Yankee Series for Tony's Birthday 7-5

weams

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Nice bullpen performances...particularly Means and before he tired...Givens.The double play ball could've saved Givens about 15 pitches, but he was way overworked.I liked the back up catcher Severino's game calling and enthusiasm. The play of Nunez and  Ruiz was solid all weekend. Davis almost hit one, and had he, I think his confidence could've grown. I actually feel he's lost total confidence that he can be the player he was 3 years ago.And he's probably right. Mancini had  a good series though he needed to get a bat on the ball with the bases loaded.I liked Smith Jr. and Villar. This team is still a below average team...but its largely because they have little pop, poor starting pitchers, and their bullpen will be very overworked. Happy to win the series...but its obviously too early to get excited about anything.Happy Weekend. Good wins.

I said in the game thread, huge LF in Yankee Stadium. Roch posted it was 397'. Would have been in the O's bullpen at OPACY. He should get some confidence from that.

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

I said in the game thread, huge LF in Yankee Stadium. Roch posted it was 397'. Would have been in the O's bullpen at OPACY. He should get some confidence from that.

Did Joey get confidence from hitting one 197 to Yankee Stadium Deux right field porch?

1 hour ago, weams said:

Did Joey get confidence from hitting one 197 to Yankee Stadium Deux right field porch?

I mean... yes? Obviously? Any hitter will get confidence from any good hit, I would think. Still a double in most parks. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

True that! Or caught line drive. 

Sure. I just think when you're a MLer, everything is so hard that any good result is going to give you confidence. Otherwise, you'll be a mess. Joey Rickard will absolutely take that home run for his first hit of the season. 

Archived