Already accomplished something last year's team couldn't

bpilktree

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, sevastras said:

I would be disappointed with this team if they somehow won enough games to not get a top 3 pick. 

Season WAR Leaders in 2018 and when they were drafted:

#1 Mookie Betts: 5th Round

#2 Aaron Nola: 7th Overall

#3 Mike Trout: 25th Overall

#4 Jacob deGrom: 9th Round

#5 Max Scherzer: 11th Overall

#6 Kyle Freeland: 8th Overall

#7 Matt Chapman: 25th Overall

#8 Francisco Lindor: 8th Overall

#9 Jose Ramirez: Amateur Free Agent

#10 Christian Yelich: 23rd Overall

#11 Blake Snell: 52nd Overall

#12 Lorenzo Cain: 17th Round

#13 Chris Sale: 13th Overall

#14 Alex Bregman: 2nd Overall

#15 JD Martinez: 20th Round

It'll be okay if they don't.

1I LOVE this team! In some ways, they resemble the Go-Go Sox (white not red) from back in 1959 when I rooted for them back in Chicago where I  grew up. They hit, they run, they steal bases, they pitch. And they even hit home runs once in a while.  They're not going to have 4 game (so far) winning streaks all the time. But they are a hungry team that wants to win. 

15 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

I LOVE this team !!!

In some ways, they resemble the Go-Go Sox (white not red) from back in 1959 when I rooted for them back in Chicago where I  grew up. They hit, they run, they steal bases, they pitch. And they even hit home runs once in a while. They're not going to have 4 game (so far) winning streaks all the time. But they are a hungry team that wants to win. 

o

The team reminds me somewhat of the 2011 Orioles, who started the season at 6-1, but then started losing much more often ........ but that team was young, spirited, and only a year away from being a bonafide contender for 5 consecutive seasons.

I'm not necessarily saying that this team is a year away, but the quick start to the season, their youth, and the energy that they exude is somewhat reminiscent of that team and that time. 

o

Speaking of accomplishing something last year’s team couldn’t, I wonder when was the last time the Orioles, or any team for that matter, won four consecutive games with a different reliever getting a save each game.    

Archived