Big Catcher Energy

weams

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weams said:

"Severino has brought an energy to the club and behind the plate that I haven't seen since the day I retired."

Discuss.

He also called Severino a rookie and said he couldn't believe how good he was for a rookie. Then Tom Davis said, "He's not a rookie. He's been in the big leagues for four year.".. Dempsey then replied, "Well an Orioles rookie!"

Discuss

I don't doubt that Dempsey knows the game of catching, but this is the same man who repeatedly sung the praises of Wellington Castillo when it was noticeable beyond a doubt that both the defense and the performance of the pitchers fluctuated significantly when Castillo wasn't behind the plate.  Hyperbole was made for Rick Dempsey.

Just now, ShaneDawg85 said:

I don't doubt that Dempsey knows the game of catching, but this is the same man who repeatedly sung the praises of Wellington Castillo when it was noticeable beyond a doubt that both the defense and the performance of the pitchers fluctuated significantly when Castillo wasn't behind the plate.  Hyperbole was made for Rick Dempsey.

Beef was juicing. 

4 minutes ago, weams said:

"Severino has brought an energy to the club and behind the plate that I haven't seen since the day I retired."

Discuss.

54 catchers have caught at least once for the Orioles since Dempsey retired in 1992.  Not sure that all of them were lower energy or ability than Severino or if Rick is just, ummmm, being a bit over the top in his hyperbole. 

Although he is probably right about Sal Fasano’s energy level. 

1 minute ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

There was good reason the Diamondbacks didn’t want Castillo back despite his decent bat for a catcher.

For a guy who never made an All-Star team and was a lifetime .233 hitter, the Dipper sure is full of himself.  

He was a very good defensive catcher, but he wasn't Pudge or Johnny Bench behind the plate, either.  He acts like he's the greatest catcher that ever lived.   

Archived