Minor League Summaries are up

weams

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Thanks as always Chuck.  I'm curious... do you get to go to some of these games in person? 

I do Greg, I can easily get to Frederick, Bowie and Aberdeen.  My attendance has been a bit less so far this season as the misses is recovering from back surgery...I had to be around to help with the rehab.  I do expect to get to a few more games as the season winds down...she is in physical therapy and is doing much better.

6 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

I do Greg, I can easily get to Frederick, Bowie and Aberdeen.  My attendance has been a bit less so far this season as the misses is recovering from back surgery...I had to be around to help with the rehab.  I do expect to get to a few more games as the season winds down...she is in physical therapy and is doing much better.

As someone with major back issues going on 35 years now, I can relate to what you and your wife are dealing with.  It's a tough thing, but I'm glad to read she's doing better.  

As well, it's nice that you get to as many games as you can.  If you don't mind my asking, do you scout the players while attending? I imagine that it would be hard not to. :)

1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

As someone with major back issues going on 35 years now, I can relate to what you and your wife are dealing with.  It's a tough thing, but I'm glad to read she's doing better.  

As well, it's nice that you get to as many games as you can.  If you don't mind my asking, do you scout the players while attending? I imagine that it would be hard not to. :)

I scout as much as I can but I am not as skilled at it as @Tony-OH @Luke-OH and @weams are.  I do what i can.  Do you get to many MiLB games?

I have no illusions about scouting; but look at Zimmerman in the photo below and where his hand is. When I was at the recent OH game pitched by Bundy his hand dropped much lower before coming forward. All I could think of is that he was "reaching' for a little more. I thought that affected his "timing" relative to his lower body drive forward, basically making him do more with his weakened arm (shoulder). Am I COMPLETELY misinterpreting this?????

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mason Williams with a 3-5 game. I can’t believe we haven’t given Mason Williams a shot. Especially considering we gave Broxton a look. A revolving door 40 man roster, at time we’ve played games without one MLB OF, and we haven’t given that dude a look?  

I'm a bit surprised as well.  Thought he'd get a shot especially since Elias brought him into the organization.  I suppose his not being on the 40-man roster may have something to do with it.

13 minutes ago, now said:

Frederick's Vespi got the "win," but here's the rest of the Frederick pitching line:
Rodriguez, G. 3 IP, 0 H, 6 SO
Vespi 2 IP, 1 H, 5 SO
Garcia, R. 4 IP, 2 H, 5 SO

Thanks, I saw that.  I was told to do just one pitcher and one hitter per game.  I usually highlight the pitcher of decision but not always.  There is a link to the box score so no one is really slighted.  

20 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

Thanks, I saw that.  I was told to do just one pitcher and one hitter per game.  I usually highlight the pitcher of decision but not always.  There is a link to the box score so no one is really slighted.  

Sure, much appreciated. Vespi's line wasn't too shabby either! :)

Archived