Grayson Rodriguez 2019

WalkWithElias

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think his twitter followers listen to him.

I don't think other evaluators pay him more attention than his peers.

Maybe not, but they don't dismiss him either. He's a legit talent evaluator. At least I think so. That doesn't mean he's always right. 

Sometimes I do think evaluators conflate current performance with ceiling though. A guy like Hall is a perfect example. I think his ceiling is a #1. Great athlete. Electric stuff. If it comes together, he could be special. I'd probably project him as a #2 at this point though because of the command/control (not that I'm qualified). Even that requires some growth. Others might not even go that high.

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

Sets up the drama of trying for a "hidden no-hitter" in the 1st inning of his next start.

I'm okay with innings conservation by mid-August 1st year out of high school, but think it will be interesting to see if they stick with that through the Sally postseason.

My guess is they’re taking into account that the Shorebirds are definitely in the postseason, and are saving some innings for that.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 9:00 PM, WalkWithElias said:

Wow. What a debut. 

5 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 10 K

Looking forward to seeing the reports on this outing. Our big horse is off to a great start to the season. 

11 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Six innings pitched tonight. No hits, one walk, seven strikeouts. One (unearned) run allowed. 84 pitches, 56 strikes. 

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Finished his regular season much as he started it.    

Lol. Pretty much. Really nice year from this kid. It's crazy that he spent the entire year in A-. That would have never happened under the old regime.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Lol. Pretty much. Really nice year from this kid. It's crazy that he spent the entire year in A-. That would have never happened under the old regime.

DL Hall had pretty much the same season with the same pedigree at the same age last year, and he also spent the whole season in Delmarva.

• Upvote 2