Attendance 2019

Frobby

Yankees series:

44,182 (home opener)

27,504 (Saturday)

33,102 (Sunday)

Can’t really tell how that bodes for attendance.   Last year we only drew 17 k for the Saturday-Sunday games following the opener, but that was against the Twins,   We played 6 weekend games with the Yankees last year, none until June, and the crowds ranged from 17,343 to 32,445.    The circumstances were a little odd because one of the June games was rained out and then played  in August as part of a dual admission doubleheader.   The low game was the Sunday after the doubleheader.

Should get a good read tonight on what the low attendance games will look like.   This is basically the equivalent of last year’s Monday, April 9 game that drew a season low 7,915 (paid).

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yankees series:

44,182 (home opener)

27,504 (Saturday)

33,102 (Sunday)

Can’t really tell how that bodes for attendance.   Last year we only drew 17 k for the Saturday-Sunday games following the opener, but that was against the Twins,   We played 6 weekend games with the Yankees last year, none until June, and the crowds ranged from 17,343 to 32,445.    The circumstances were a little odd because one of the June games was rained out and then played  in August as part of a dual admission doubleheader.   The low game was the Sunday after the doubleheader.

Should get a good read tonight on what the low attendance games will look like.   This is basically the equivalent of last year’s Monday, April 9 game that drew a season low 7,915 (paid).

Now raining in Baltimore. Should be a very low attended game.Yesterday was at best 50/50 division.

15 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Now raining in Baltimore. Should be a very low attended game.Yesterday was at best 50/50 division.

Last year’s April 9 game was played in intermittent rain and temperatures hovering around 40 degrees, so worse than tonight.    If they get the game in, it should be very fair to compare the two, which basically just tells you who had a full-season plan.

As an aside, I had 4 tickets for tonight as part of my season ticket group, and decided to switch them out for a game against the Indians on Saturday June 29.    My ticket rep told me it would cost an extra $164 for the four tickets — I was shocked it was that big a difference.   Apparently tonight is a so-called “value game” whereas June 29 is a “premium game” — literally the low and high ends of the spectrum on the O’s variable pricing system.   I decided to fork over the money anyway.    

For the first time ever, I've had 3 different sales reps reach out to me 4X this year alone to try to get me to purchase a season ticket package.  Their rationale was I had bought tickets to "several" (4) games last season.  They didn't reach out when I was buying tickets for 9 games for a couple years before that.  In fact, the last time I bought a plan was 13 game Sunday plan... in 1995 (Ripken's 2131 season).   I do appreciate their effort and being much more proactive.  It also tells me sales will be down this season (as if that's not Captain Obvious enough for you).

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Last year’s April 9 game was played in intermittent rain and temperatures hovering around 40 degrees, so worse than tonight.    If they get the game in, it should be very fair to compare the two, which basically just tells you who had a full-season plan.

As an aside, I had 4 tickets for tonight as part of my season ticket group, and decided to switch them out for a game against the Indians on Saturday June 29.    My ticket rep told me it would cost an extra $164 for the four tickets — I was shocked it was that big a difference.   Apparently tonight is a so-called “value game” whereas June 29 is a “premium game” — literally the low and high ends of the spectrum on the O’s variable pricing system.   I decided to fork over the money anyway.    

As I said before the day you are going is a jersey giveaway. You pay for the giveaway.The next day is anywhere from $12 .00 to $25.00 less per ticket.Some areas a little more and some a little less.

25 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

As I said before the day you are going is a jersey giveaway. You pay for the giveaway.The next day is anywhere from $12 .00 to $25.00 less per ticket.Some areas a little more and some a little less.

Ah, didn’t realize that.   I think I already got a Maryland Flag jersey or T-shirt last year.    Only so many of these things you can wear!    But , since I already bought the tickets, I’m glad to know I’m getting something extra for my money!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

For the first time ever, I've had 3 different sales reps reach out to me 4X this year alone to try to get me to purchase a season ticket package.  Their rationale was I had bought tickets to "several" (4) games last season.  They didn't reach out when I was buying tickets for 9 games for a couple years before that.  In fact, the last time I bought a plan was 13 game Sunday plan... in 1995 (Ripken's 2131 season).   I do appreciate their effort and being much more proactive.  It also tells me sales will be down this season (as if that's not Captain Obvious enough for you).

I only have been called once and couldnt talk as I was in work meeting.  Last had season tickets in 2013.  I would get them again if my daughter cared one bit about watching men playing baseball.  I am sure if it were women were out there playing she would be interested.  

I think it is a good thing they are making more of an effort.  Perhaps they should have called when I didnt renew.  Easier to keep current customers than getting new ones.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I wonder who's name will be on Jersey giveaway this year?  

25 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Well, I guess we pretty much know what the baseline of season ticket sales is.

Spitting a little rain around gametime, a non-premium opponent, a Monday night in April on the night of the National Champsionship game.

So despite the comfortable spring weather, this was probably a perfect storm.   Little or no walkup, a game no one would have gone out of their way to buy tickets for in advance.

I guess we know that 6500 or so season tickets are sold and that will be our floor this year.

• Upvote 1