Ryan Mountcastle 2019

RVAOsFan

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Go to bed

Alternatively, when a person stops voicing negative comments, especially sarcastic and critical ones, he or she may soon start to feel happier and more self-confident. Also, the other people in his or her life benefit even faster because they no longer have to hear the emotionally hurtful language of sarcasm.

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Alternatively, when a person stops voicing negative comments, especially sarcastic and critical ones, he or she may soon start to feel happier and more self-confident. Also, the other people in his or her life benefit even faster because they no longer have to hear the emotionally hurtful language of sarcasm.

You seem happy. Please give me some more tips on how to be as happy as you.

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

You seem happy. Please give me some more tips on how to be as happy as you.

Like several folks I have placed atomic on ignore. Problem is that his trolling still comes through when folks quote him. I guessing there’s no way to avoid that

8 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

Like several folks I have placed atomic on ignore. Problem is that his trolling still comes through when folks quote him. I guessing there’s no way to avoid that

What if there were a click option or personal setting to view or not view a post that quotes someone on one's Ignore list?

18 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Calling him a troll is a compliment.  He needs to be called a loser more often.  That's what he is.  If enough of us come together and call him a loser maybe he will go away.  He won't though.  Why?  Because he's a loser who has nothing better to do with his life than troll this board. 

This is a little much.  What kind of hangout is this..?

Just reading the last 2 pages and Dirty Bird was way more of a jerk than atomic was.  Then everybody starts calling him names, and this....

This is a bad look.

11 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

The thing that jumps out at me is that most of the other players mentioned in the news release (who have won awards) never made it in the Majors. Let's hope that changes.

Barring a car accident or something similar, Mountcastle’s probability of making the majors is 100%. He will get multiple shots to stick. 

I was was very surprised that he won league MVP. kudos to Ryan. 

11 hours ago, ScGO's said:

I was reading this Baltimore Sun article, https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-reset-ryan-mountcastle-september-callup-20190826-wwqzzlesknb2vg5adw4adirpcu-story.html

and I saw this quote

"The strides he’s made at the plate are real. Jace Peterson hit either before or after him for months at Norfolk and commended how Mountcastle learned quickly that pitchers would challenge him with high heat then sliders away. He adjusted, a sign that there’s an eye there that the walk rate doesn’t show; he just has the ability to get his bat to many of them, and drive what he gets his bat to. "

Could he have a better approach than what his BB rates are suggesting?  Could there be more BBs in the future?

Sliders away are tough pitches. We watched Jones and Schoop never really learn to lay off consistently. But like we saw with them, not every pitcher throws a slider, or can execute all the time. 

I’d rather have the player with top bat on ball skills, and have the question be can he be more selective, versus the guy that’s patient, but can’t hit certain pitches. 

Archived