Ryan Mountcastle 2019

RVAOsFan

10 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

If you are going to come in here and act like a fool, why don’t you at least pay to help keep the site going?

I paid before but I got banned the day after paying.  They did not refund my money.   

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Calling him a troll is a compliment.  He needs to be called a loser more often.  That's what he is.  If enough of us come together and call him a loser maybe he will go away.  He won't though.  Why?  Because he's a loser who has nothing better to do with his life than troll this board. 

I think you need to look at yourself. I only say nice things about most of our prospects but people crap all over them on here.  I think what you are saying is we have people bullying people who don't have the same group-think as them.  Most people on here are pretty negative.  Someone got all over me because I liked the Monkees. 

And our ex-players they seem to have no problem talking about them like they are dirt.  And the Chris Davis threads have become out of control. I have never been a Chris Davis fan even at his peak but the ridiculousness of having multiple threads whose only purpose is to bash him non-stop shows things about the people making them.

I like our ex-players. AJ, Wieters, Markakis , Gausman I still root for.  I am not sure why most of you even follow the team.  You don't like the players and you don't like the prospects. And you have no loyalty to any players.  I can only imagine your personal lives.  

I think everyone would like to see more BBs from RM, but he hasn't found the league yet where he has needed to be more selective.  He hits and drives what he sees.  Hopefully, if/when he needs to adjust to major league pitching, he can.  The tools seems to be there.

@Tony-OH Long term, I feel that Mountcastle would better serve the team as a 1B and occasional DH rather than by playing average-at-best defense in LF.  Now, this opinion is only based on whether Mountcastle can play a solid 1B.  What's your views on his defense at 1B? Sorry if you've answered this before... and thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

@Tony-OH Long term, I feel that Mountcastle would better serve the team as a 1B and occasional DH rather than by playing average-at-best defense in LF.  Now, this opinion is only based on whether Mountcastle can play a solid 1B.  What's your views on his defense at 1B? Sorry if you've answered this before... and thanks in advance.

Is he average at best in LF? Luke seems to think his arm plays up in the OF. So do I.

He’s clearly athletic enough. I’d rather give him more time to learn the position with the hopes of him becoming comfortable with it.

10 hours ago, atomic said:

Alternatively, when a person stops voicing negative comments, especially sarcastic and critical ones, he or she may soon start to feel happier and more self-confident. Also, the other people in his or her life benefit even faster because they no longer have to hear the emotionally hurtful language of sarcasm.

Who the hell wants that???

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Is he average at best in LF? Luke seems to think his arm plays up in the OF. So do I.

He’s clearly athletic enough. I’d rather give him more time to learn the position with the hopes of him becoming comfortable with it.

So an outfielder of possibly Mountcastle, Hays, and Santander? Or would an outfield of Santander, Hays, and Diaz, with Mountcastle at DH be better?

51 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think you need to look at yourself. I only say nice things about most of our prospects but people crap all over them on here.  I think what you are saying is we have people bullying people who don't have the same group-think as them.  Most people on here are pretty negative.  Someone got all over me because I liked the Monkees. 

And our ex-players they seem to have no problem talking about them like they are dirt.  And the Chris Davis threads have become out of control. I have never been a Chris Davis fan even at his peak but the ridiculousness of having multiple threads whose only purpose is to bash him non-stop shows things about the people making them.

I like our ex-players. AJ, Wieters, Markakis , Gausman I still root for.  I am not sure why most of you even follow the team.  You don't like the players and you don't like the prospects. And you have no loyalty to any players.  I can only imagine your personal lives.  

This is funny only because over the years I've seen so many people here and elsewhere criticize this board for being a bunch of homers (it's not) and that if you say anything wrong about the organization you'll be banned.  Which is ludicrous to anyone who's been a part of this board and followed it for any length of time, yet the perception still is out there sometimes.  And here we have another person saying that the board is nothing but negativity.  It's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

10 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

Like several folks I have placed atomic on ignore. Problem is that his trolling still comes through when folks quote him. I guessing there’s no way to avoid that

I don’t place anyone on ignore. I find on OH many people talk about the people they have on ‘ignore’ while often mentioning the very person they’re supposed to be ignoring.

I just ignore people who annoy me.

?

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

So an outfielder of possibly Mountcastle, Hays, and Santander? Or would an outfield of Santander, Hays, and Diaz, with Mountcastle at DH be better?

I don’t want to use Mountcastle at DH until I’ve exhausted every defensive avenue.

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Need room for Stewart as well.  

Yes, but what are the chances they are all deserving of playing time? Good problem to have. 

30 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I don’t want to use Mountcastle at DH until I’ve exhausted every defensive avenue.

Yes, but what are the chances they are all deserving of playing time? Good problem to have. 

Between 1B, DH, and the 3 OF spots there is plenty of room for everyone to get regular at bats. 

Archived