A few things......

bigbird

Out of town this week but just spoke with my guy. As usual read as little or as much into this as you want.

We're working on a deal that would send Hernandez to Florida for Taylor Tankersley and a prospect. The key is Fla want us to throw in a lot of money and we're asking for a top prospect if we do.

Lots of talk about Bradford to the Dodgers or Mets.

The front office feels they can trade Jamie Walker.

Zippy interest in Huff. Everyone sees him as a 1B/DH and no contenders need those positions. We also may hold on to him for 2008.

We're asking a crap load for Sherrill and nothing is even close.

We're looking to take on a pitcher if another team is dumping.

Lots of work trying to deal Payton.

LAter...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, man.

Disappointed in noone wanting Huff, but for some reason the Dodgers wanted Blake.

Hoping we're not asking for too much for Sherrill.

If we can trade Walker, so much the better.

Get Bradford traded to the Dodgers. Yesterday.

Hernandez for Tankersley + a prospect? Get it done, if possible.

Throw in a lot of money and get back something for Hernandez!!!!! That'd be a steal, IMO.

So, who's the backup catcher if we manage to pull that off? Omir Santos?

Am I the only one who read that and thought, "Someone wants Luis Hernandez?? Awesome!!!" :D

So would we start Quiroz, then? I'd be ok with that. Just curious.

Thanks. We should definitely keep Huff if nothing is around. Maybe this offseason a need will develop.

I'm also really glad that nobody seems to be interested in Huff. If nobody wants him, fine. I'll be pretty content watching him rake in Baltimore - in '08 AND '09.

Throw in a lot of money and get back something for Hernandez!!!!! That'd be a steal, IMO.

So, who's the backup catcher if we manage to pull that off? Omir Santos?

This is the million dollar question...

In the past the Fish have used Tankersley as a closer (albeit unsuccessfully). Could the Os be hedging their bets if they are able to trade Sherrill?

Not suprised on the Huff front and I agree and to it probably making more sense to keep him. I really thought they'd be able to find a taker for Sherrill though. Hopefully AM is aiming too high.

Am I the only one who read that and thought, "Someone wants Luis Hernandez?? Awesome!!!" :D

So would we start Quiroz, then? I'd be ok with that. Just curious.

Is Millar signed through 09? If yes, and the Os are able to land Teixiera I guess he'd be relegated to the bench.

Bradford for LaRoche (or even Hu) would be an absolute dream. Any chane the Dodgers have soured on LaRoche enough to make that work?

Bummer that nobody views Huff as a 3B or needs a 1B/DH. But, maybe someone will need those positions in the offseason. We should get Huff a lot of time at 3B in the 2nd half so we can trade him as a 3B in the offseason (assuming we don't have LaRoche, who starts every game at 3B if we acquire him for the rest of the year).

Can someone give me the 411 on Tankersley?

He was pegged Florida's closer in waiting a few years back. Never realized his potential though. Think he had control problems. Still very young though and throws hard. Averdage a K per inning on 06 and 07 in limited time at the MLB level.

Archived