TT: Ynoa, it's time to say goodbye to Mike Wright

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Possibly, but they’re not expecting him to be the 25th man, they’re expecting him to go into the bullpen and be a regularly productive member of it, and possibly spot start. I think they’re going to be very tragically disappointed.

Are they? I assume the M's are just going to use Wright in a mop-up role to soak up innings in blowouts. I haven't heard that he's supposed to serve an important bullpen role.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Possibly, but they’re not expecting him to be the 25th man, they’re expecting him to go into the bullpen and be a regularly productive member of it, and possibly spot start. I think they’re going to be very tragically disappointed.

I want to know what the Mariners GM is smoking. I don’t see how any other team in baseball looks at Mike Wright and think let’s open up a spot on the 25 man roster for him. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I want to know what the Mariners GM is smoking. I don’t see how any other team in baseball looks at Mike Wright and think let’s open up a spot on the 25 man roster for him. 

Or maybe he said, "The O's gave up on our everyday SS, who went deep last night for his 6th dong.  We like HIM hitting .304 in this SSS!  Let's go for it again!  They must not know jack about ⚾!"  ?  

Edited by bobmc
Swaggy T
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Or maybe he said, "The O's gave up on our everyday SS, who went deep last night for his 6th dong.  We like HIM hitting .304 in this SSS!  Let's go for it again!  They must not know jack about ⚾!"  ?  

Beckham also has 8 errors in a little over one-sixth of the season. Bat is also trending down from a torrid start. Sounds like the same guy. But he's playing for half the salary he got last year from the Os and he's the leadoff hitter for a first-place team.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Beckham also has 8 errors in a little over one-sixth of the season. Bat is also trending down from a torrid start. Sounds like the same guy. But he's playing for half the salary he got last year from the Os and he's the leadoff hitter for a first-place team.

Mariners keep riding the hot hand until the "house of cards" collapses or not.

11 minutes ago, LA2 said:

A first place team that leads the majors with a whopping 6.32 runs per game.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

A first place team that leads the majors with a whopping 6.32 runs per game.

Yes, the O's and Mariners are nearly inverse to each other in average runs scored and against per game:

O's: 4.5 / 6.3

M's: 6.3 / 4.9

To put it another way, the O's pitching has been so weak (today's Cobb is another case in point), it's as if they had been playing against the highest scoring team in the majors the whole season.

o

(vs. WHITE SOX, 5/01) )))))) [Game Two]

Ynoa had what was arguably the best game for an Orioles relief pitcher for the entire season to-date ........ in 3 innings pitched, the only baserunner that he allowed reached via an infield single. He recorded 5 Strikeouts, and the other 4 outs that he recorded all came via the Groundout (one of which was a double play.) And he did it all on only 36 Pitches )(25 )Strikes, )11 )Balls.)

o

• 6 months later...

Former Orioles right-hander Mike Wright has a deal to pitch next year in the Korean Baseball Organization.

Wright, 29, posted a 9.45 ERA and 2.025 WHIP in 10 relief appearances with the Orioles and a 6.75 ERA and 1.813 WHIP in nine games with the Mariners, who acquired him in an April 24 trade and later outrighted him.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/11/os-progressing-toward-deal-with-anthony-sanders-as-first-base-coach.html

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Former Orioles right-hander Mike Wright has a deal to pitch next year in the Korean Baseball Organization.

Wright, 29, posted a 9.45 ERA and 2.025 WHIP in 10 relief appearances with the Orioles and a 6.75 ERA and 1.813 WHIP in nine games with the Mariners, who acquired him in an April 24 trade and later outrighted him.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/11/os-progressing-toward-deal-with-anthony-sanders-as-first-base-coach.html

I predict he gets shelled in the KBO.  He is no Tyler Wilson.