Adam Hall 2019

Frobby

I know there’s a Hall/Grenier thread already, but last year I made him share a thread with Carmona and this guy deserves his own thread!

After two oh-fers to begin the year, Hall has gone 6 for 15 with a double, triple, four walks and three stolen bases.  .261/.370/.435 overall so far.  I think he’s one of the most exciting prospects in the organization.    

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know there’s a Hall/Grenier thread already, but last year I made him share a thread with Carmona and this guy deserves his own thread!

After two oh-fers to begin the year, Hall has gone 6 for 15 with a double, triple, four walks and three stolen bases.  .261/.370/.435 overall so far.  I think he’s one of the most exciting prospects in the organization.    

Cold weather ball kid.  High ceiling.  Much higher on him than I am Grenier.

He best not get seriously hurt stealing bases.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Cold weather ball kid.  High ceiling.  Much higher on him than I am Grenier.

He best not get seriously hurt stealing bases.

I think stealing bases is an important part of his value.   81% success rate last year.   Get on base and bother the pitcher.   

Looks like the hit and speed tool are there and he is showing a great batting eye as well.  Could be our breakout prospect of the year, similar to McKenna last year.  I'd like to hear some reports on his defense.  Specifically, if he has the arm to stay at shortstop. 

He could probably hit about as good as Richie Martin as well right now.  Martin has been huge disappointment on offense.  I wasn’t expecting lot but figured he’d atleast get bat on ball lot more.  He has about 2 hard hit balls all year.

8 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He could probably hit about as good as Richie Martin as well right now.  Martin has been huge disappointment on offense.  I wasn’t expecting lot but figured he’d atleast get bat on ball lot more.  He has about 2 hard hit balls all year.

They blew it getting rid of Jackson.   If they were initially keeping them both I would have liked to see an in-season competition to see if either was worth keeping. For some reason Mike Wright is.

Martin looks completely lost at the plate. Hall doesn’t have a high bar to top that.

9 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

They blew it getting rid of Jackson.   If they were initially keeping them both I would have liked to see an in-season competition to see if either was worth keeping. For some reason Mike Wright is.

Martin looks completely lost at the plate. Hall doesn’t have a high bar to top that.

It wasn’t really Wright or Jackson though, they needed another pitcher in the pen so it was either jackson or Alberto and guessing they feel Alberto has more upside then him.   I like Alberto more as well but Jackson did allow you to have another backup center fielder other then Rickard which was a plus for him.   They are going to have to stay with a 13 man pen for awhile and maybe the entire year if they can’t get quality starts or atleast more innings out of them.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hall 2 for 4 today, slash line now .333/.476/.424.    

Has Luke said anything about a change in his swing since the start of the year last year. It seems after rough start last year til now a completely different hitter.  Wondering if they changed his mechanics or approach over the last year?

7 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Has Luke said anything about a change in his swing since the start of the year last year. It seems after rough start last year til now a completely different hitter.  Wondering if they changed his mechanics or approach over the last year?

I recall it being more based on approach. Coaches wanted him to be more patient and see more pitches. This left him frequently behind in the count and hitting defensively. After the slow start, they told him to attack and it turned around his season. 

11 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He was good from the jump last year, it just took awhile for the results to catch up. I don't have time to find it right now, but I wrote something about him earlier in the Aberdeen season last year where I said he was the best player on the field. 

My major and remaining question about Hall is the power. I think he can stick at SS so that lessens the power requirement, but I want to at least see more gap power before thinking about throwing a everyday grade on him. 

Archived