DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

16 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Why??

What will it take for the O's and OH posters to recognize the importance of purging the plethora of DH/1B from the 26 man roster.

He can't field, he maybe can hit a little. They can keep him and cut Nunez, but I think Nunez is a better hitter.

I confess I haven’t looked with a microscope at who is likely to be on the 26-man roster next year, mainly because it’s premature without knowing who they trade, cut or acquire over the winter.    

That said, Stewart was on the 25-man roster for a decent chunk of this season, though interrupted by injuries, and I think they’ll give him a chance to show what he can do. I am not impressed with his fielding but I do think the small sample we saw can be misleading.    

Obviously the presence (or not) of Davis will impact the number of spots available for COF/1B/DH, and I’m also assuming that Mountcastle will start the year in the minors.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Why??

What will it take for the O's and OH posters to recognize the importance of purging the plethora of DH/1B from the 26 man roster.

He can't field, he maybe can hit a little. They can keep him and cut Nunez, but I think Nunez is a better hitter.

He does have an option, so it's not a huge deal really. 

Re: Stewart over X

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

it’s premature without knowing who they trade, cut or acquire over the winter

Re:Stewart vs X. It is way too premature to talk about comparisons because as Frobby Says, we have no idea who’s even going to be in the mix. It is not, however, too soon to be evaluating Stewart’s Performance, even with the caveat that it is a very small sample size.

And it hasn’t been very good. His defense has been keystone cops, and his offense has not compensated.

We have our center and one corner in Hays & Santander. The other corner is by no means reserved for DJ.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Re: Stewart over X

Re:Stewart vs X. It is way too premature to talk about comparisons because as Frobby Says, we have no idea who’s even going to be in the mix. It is not, however, too soon to be evaluating Stewart’s Performance, even with the caveat that it is a very small sample size.

And it hasn’t been very good. His defense has been keystone cops, and his offense has not compensated.

We have our center and one corner in Hays & Santander. The other corner is by no means reserved for DJ.

I'm pretty sure the other corner is reserved for Diaz, just not for OD next season.

23 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I think Mountcastle moves to 1B (or Santander moves to DH) when Diaz comes up. 

Slight surpluses have a way of working themselves out.  Diaz has quite a ways to go before he's pushing his way onto the Orioles' roster, and a lot can happen in the next year.  I would be in no hurry to get rid of Stewart.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Slight surpluses have a way of working themselves out.  Diaz has quite a ways to go before he's pushing his way onto the Orioles' roster, and a lot can happen in the next year.  I would be in no hurry to get rid of Stewart.

I wouldn't, either. I expect him to see a lot of playing time next season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don’t think anyone advocates getting rid of Stewart. He should have a lengthy audition. But if Mountcastle is a LF and Mancini is a corner and Diaz is in the wings, we have to do something with Stewart. Not to Mention any other Possibilities.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t think anyone advocates getting rid of Stewart. He should have a lengthy audition. But if Mountcastle is a LF and Mancini is a corner and Diaz is in the wings, we have to do something with Stewart. Not to Mention any other Possibilities.

Marconi isn't much of a corner outfielder.  He's about as good there as Sisco is behind the plate.