Jump to content

Mercado/Lopez/Hiura - Super 2 date passing?


Just Regular

Recommended Posts

It feels a little early, but with Oscar Mercado, Nicky Lopez and Keston Hiura all getting call-ups in the past day or so, I wonder if the service time analyzers think we've gotten in the clear for this year.

I'm still pretty sure Mountcastle is in Norfolk all summer (6 BB and 33 SO doesn't scream ready even when hitting .320), but if that read is off he might be coming to a point of greater than average promotion possibility if he can get hot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is probably not past the Super 2 cutoff yet.    Including today, there are 139 days left in the season.   Over the last ten years, the cutoff has been between 2.122 and 2.146.   To be safe, they’d probably need to wait until June 1 or so (assuming the player had no previous service time).     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

It is probably not past the Super 2 cutoff yet.    Including today, there are 139 days left in the season.   Over the last ten years, the cutoff has been between 2.122 and 2.146.   To be safe, they’d probably need to wait until June 1 or so (assuming the player had no previous service time).     

I dont believe Mountcastle is in the minors because of super 2. In spite of popular opinion.

Elias said he wanted his prospects to develop more, back in the Spring, when he explained his roster decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont believe Mountcastle is in the minors because of super 2. In spite of popular opinion.

Elias said he wanted his prospects to develop more, back in the Spring, when he explained his roster decisions.

I think Mountcastle is in the minors because he isn't on the 40 and is blocked at first base.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Mountcastle is in the minors because he isn't on the 40 and is blocked at first base.

both are which are true, and doesnt have anything to do with super 2 status.

I think if Elias really wanted Mountcastle up now, he would play roster manipulation and make it happen.

A bit early for that. IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...