Straily's last chance?

wildcard

47 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What is the sunk cost? What do we lose if we cut him?

Straily's contract is 1 year/575k.    He has 420k left that would be the sunk cost if he is released.  If the is traded the O's owe him an assignment bonus of an additional 250k.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Ynoa is ready to go into the rotation.  Gilmartin is ready for a promotion to the pen.

Straily needs a good start to stay.

I say give a spot to Yefry and let Ynoa keep doing his thing in the 'pen, but it's really neither here nor there.

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

I say give a spot to Yefry and let Ynoa keep doing his thing in the 'pen, but it's really neither here nor there.

O's have 6 games is 5 days which means they need a 6th starter for Sunday.  Whoever it is may just stay in the rotation is they do well.

Biggest reason to keep him is that it eliminates an option down the road. He hasn’t been impressive but you need arms to get through the season. There isn’t much in the upper minors that looks to help this year. And of course the other obvious we aren’t in win mode this year. 

Not sure Ynoa would be any better. They could go that route but then Straily is gone. 

Seems like Hess is our weakest link in the rotation now right?

Then maybe Straily?

We can jettison one when Cobb comes back......(that's a big IF I suppose) but then yea perhaps we need to be creative with Ynoa or something for the other.

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Biggest reason to keep him is that it eliminates an option down the road. He hasn’t been impressive but you need arms to get through the season. There isn’t much in the upper minors that looks to help this year. And of course the other obvious we aren’t in win mode this year. 

Not sure Ynoa would be any better. They could go that route but then Straily is gone. 

O's have Means, Cashner, Bundy, Hess, Ynoa and Ramirez who can start.  That's 6.  When Cashner is traded then hopefully Cobb is back from the IL. Tyler Herb looks interesting at Norfolk if he can get is walks down.

O's may have to look for young MLB ready starter(s) in return for Cashner, Givens or Mancini in July.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• So I was driving around running some errands much of the last hour and listening to Melanie and Scott on the broadcast.   And now I get home to find Dave Johnson on the TV! We really brought out the A Team for this series. Anyway, Melanie was talking about how Povich has struggled sleeping the night before starts or even keeping food down the day of his starts.   She said he recently finally was able to eat breakfast before a start, and now is working on having at least a little something for lunch. I hadn't seen that discussed on the board much.   Seems like the type of issue someone might be able to overcome if the Orioles can find someone who knows how to deal with it. Well, pretty decent outing for Povich.   Three runs in 5.2 innings against the team with the best record in the AL and 3rd highest scoring offense in MLB.   I'll certainly take that.
    • One out shy of O's first quality start in eight days. Seven straight un-quality starts.
    • I don’t think you had to pull him there. Cionel can pour gas on a fire.
    • some good signs and some frustrating signs from Povich...but he's got a long way to go with his command..
    • How long will our losing streak last?  We're  paying for our pitching injuries!   I am sorry for being pessimistic, I want to be very wrong.
    • Decent start overall by Povich, especially after the first inning. 
    • I am utterly amazed at the amount of White Knights on this forum.  How many times can I say it.  I was accused by a woman doing just about what Bauer was accused of, and I was 10 miles away and no where near her when she said it happened.  I have first hand experience in this.  She wanted to get back at me for breaking up with her...period.  And she was proven to be a liar.  Just like Bauer's accusers have been.   I always laugh at how websites like Only Fans and other Cuck sites not only exist...but thrive.   But one has to look no further than this thread to see why men will bend over backwards and give literally their life savings to a woman..all in the hopes that she will give him the time of day.  I see it over and over and over.     We have men on here who are still willing, even after these women have proven to be liars, to take the word over a man who has never been charged with a crime.  Last I knew this country's justice system was innocent until proven guilty.  I guess that doesn't hold true on this forum if a woman accuses a man of....just about anything.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now