Minor League Summaries 5/15/2019

weams

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

Luke, you have upped your game this season as well. Your analysis has improved and your ability to convey what you see or believe is becoming top shelf. Thank you for all of your work! 

I have to think Hays is in there somewhere. To me, he’s most definitely a top 20-30 guy if he’s allowed to have a few months in the minors. He may not, but he is, in my mind, our most complete position prospect and he is an exciting player. And I truly believe he will be the most dangerous hitter in our major league lineup the day he gets back to Baltimore. Roch quoted a scout in spring training that said Hays was easily our best player. 

I can see Kremer, Akin, Knight, Baumann and maybe even McKenna knocking on the door to the top 100 by season’s end. They should certainly all be top 150 or so. McKenna is heating up, so we’ll see if he can sustain success. 

The national websites/writers will have to take notice and give some credit finally to both the current regime, as well as the previous one. The cupboard was anything but bare when Elias took over. 

I hope you're right about Hays, and I hope I'm wrong about McKenna. Both could be really exciting if they get close to their ceilings.

7 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I hope you're right about Hays, and I hope I'm wrong about McKenna. Both could be really exciting if they get close to their ceilings.

Hays is the real deal. Crushing different pitches out all over the field during the spring. The way he looked all Spring, he just has taken big steps in the right direction in his approach. His game has matured. He just needs to stay in the field and he'll be back in Baltimore by September.  

9 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Hays is the real deal. Crushing different pitches out all over the field during the spring. The way he looked all Spring, he just has taken big steps in the right direction in his approach. His game has matured. He just needs to stay in the field and he'll be back in Baltimore by September.  

He’s not exactly off to a roaring start in his Frederick rehab — one single and a sac fly in 16 PA.

2 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Meh, not concerned. Now if he’s still struggling in July...

I’m not that concerned, either.    Just saying that a hot spring training doesn’t guarantee a successful season.    And it’s a real shame that injury disrupted his start to the season.   

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not that concerned, either.    Just saying that a hot spring training doesn’t guarantee a successful season.    And it’s a real shame that injury disrupted his start to the season.   

Yeah, I'm actually less concerned because he's in Frederick. That gives perspective. We know he can mash Frederick. If he's healthy and he's not, it's just because he hasn't locked in yet.

Archived