Keon Broxton acquired and more (DFA Broxton- Claimed by Mariners))

Legend_Of_Joey

25 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Serious question here. Why should Elias care if fans are watching? His responsibility when it comes to putting butts in the seats is to build the best team he can. That's a long term goal. Whether he admits it or not, this year (and probably next) are throwaway years, with good draft picks the bonus. The picks help the LONG term.

This town proved it in 2012, after 14 losing seasons they came out in DROVES when we got good again. Build it and they will come.

And one point most everyone keeps forgetting... We haven't lost Yefry. 99% sure he passes thru waivers and goes to Norfolk. Or better yet we make a little trade with someone and try someone else new.

If Elias does not care about 2019 why should we?

I don't see how Ramirez gets through waivers.  He is 25.  Accomplished at AA and AAA. Can be optioned this season.   Starting pitching is always in demand.  If he is not a starter he is probably a multi inning reliever.  He just has not proven himself at the major league level.  But someone is probably going to give him that chance. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wildcard said:

I don't see how Ramirez gets through waivers. He is 25.  Accomplished at AA and AAA. Can be optioned this season.   Starting pitching is always in demand.  If he is not a starter he is probably a multi inning reliever.  He just has not proven himself at the major league level.  But someone is probably going to give him that chance. 

The worst team in baseball, with the worst pitching, doesn’t think he’s worth a 40-man roster spot.   Maybe some other team will, but the fact that the Orioles don’t think he’s worthy of protection would certainly make me think twice if I were another team’s GM.

Saying that, I was a bit surprised he was DFA.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't see how Ramirez gets through waivers.  He is 25.  Accomplished at AA and AAA. Can be optioned this season.   Starting pitching is always in demand.  If he is not a starter he is probably a multi inning reliever.  He just has not proven himself at the major league level.  But someone is probably going to give him that chance. 

C'est la vie then. I don't think he's any huge loss.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Neither do I.  But I have no incentive to watch Hess and Straily give up 5 runs in a short start.

Maybe since they are Orioles you still support them even though they are doing badly. Support the team is the way I feel.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

If so, who cares? He’s not a part of our future success. I’m happy going through our minor league guys like Panzers through the grass on the steppes. If we hit a winner, yay, if not, keep going.

Although I know exactly how you feel, Ramirez is no one to lose sleep over, nor is anyone in the system. 

I just wonder whether any guys from A will make it up this season.

2 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Maybe since they are Orioles you still support them even though they are doing badly. Support the team is the way I feel.

I only caveat that to say that I think Elias does care. He inherited a mess. Ownership was too self-involved to make this a better product, but I support the Orioles because I think it's going in the right direction.

If we were still under Duquette and Angelos right now going the way it had been, I would definitely struggle to support this franchise right now.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

If so, who cares? He’s not a part of our future success. I’m happy going through our minor league guys like Panzers through the grass on the steppes. If we hit a winner, yay, if not, keep going.

Although I know exactly how you feel, Ramirez is no one to lose sleep over, nor is anyone in the system. 

I just wonder whether any guys from A will make it up this season.

Sounds like a brilliant player development plan.

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I only caveat that to say that I think Elias does care. He inherited a mess. Ownership was too self-involved to make this a better product, but I support the Orioles because I think it's going in the right direction.

If we were still under Duquette and Angelos right now going the way it had been, I would definitely struggle to support this franchise right now.

More like if Buck was still around. Duquette wasn’t allowed to operate they way he wanted. Look at his tenure with the Expos and Red Sox. 

Theo got the Red Sox to win it all, but much of that foundation was built by Duquette. 

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Sounds like a brilliant player development plan.

absolutely everything good about rewarding guys in the minors for their hard work, and penalizing guys in the majors for sloppy play.

Mind you, there’s a difference between being bad and being sloppy. The guys on our team right now are almost universally bad. But there’s no excuse for them to be sloppy. 

1 hour ago, Philip said:

absolutely everything good about rewarding guys in the minors for their hard work, and penalizing guys in the majors for sloppy play.

Mind you, there’s a difference between being bad and being sloppy. The guys on our team right now are almost universally bad. But there’s no excuse for them to be sloppy. 

I agree.   But they aren't going to promote the key pieces until they are ready.   That hold more importance to the organization than what's going on the field this year, whether fans like that or not.

But guys ARE being weeded out.   Sucre, Wright, Araujo. Scott, and Rickard, Ramirez have all been jettisoned and replaced.   They do it when they can find adequate replacements (Wynn getting healthy, picking up Armstrong, Bleier getting healthy, picking up Broxton).   So they are trying to get non-performers off the MLB roster whent hey can.

I'm sure it's not happening as fast as you like.   And a guy like Dwight Smith, who has the 2nd best OPS among regulars, is simply not going to lose his job for a couple of really stupid plays in the outfield.   If we had more than 3 guys on the bench, I could see him being benched a game or two for Monday night's fiasco.   But we don't have that flexibility, that's just the way it is.

15 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Maybe I missed it, but who got promoted for Rickard?  Ramirez DFA makes room for Broxton, but there has to be a fourth player involved with these moves.  Hoping for DJ. 

I assume they’re adding a pitcher.   

Archived