Keon Broxton acquired and more (DFA Broxton- Claimed by Mariners))

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Maybe I missed it, but who got promoted for Rickard?  Ramirez DFA makes room for Broxton, but there has to be a fourth player involved with these moves.  Hoping for DJ. 

No, Ramirez was sent down to Norfolk Monday, BEFORE he was DFA'd.,    He was not on the 25 man roster this week

40 Man roster moves this week:

-- Karns moved to 60 day IL, opening up a spot on the 40 man roster for Lucas

-- opened up a spot by DFA'ing Ramirez, that spot goes to Shepherd who was claimed on waivers and assigned to Norfolk)

-- opened up a spot by moving Cobb to the 60 Day IL which does not count against the 40; that spot is for  Broxton

25 man roster moves this week:

-- Lucas to 25 man roster when Ramirez sent down Monday

-- Add Broxton to 25 man roster, sent RIckard down

So Rickard is the move to get Broxton on the 25.   Our 40 man and 25 man are set, no corresponding moves are needed (not to say that they might not make another unrelated move).

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kinda being sarcastic.  I'm sure he's fine in the field, that doesn't really do much for us though.  At least, not enough to make a big difference.

Well, he goes back on the balls so well that he can play shallower.   That may turn some of the balls that have been falling in in front of the outfielders into outs.   That would be helpful.  I don't know how much he will play because of his offense.   Elias and Hyde do seem committed to getting him playing time.

So if they move Wilkerson to 2B and Villar to SS that will prevent the O's from having Keon and Martin in the lineup at the same time.   We will just have to see how the O's manage the lineup.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Well, he goes back on the balls so well that he can play shallower.   That may turn some of the balls that have been falling in in front of the outfielders into outs.   That would be helpful.  I don't know how much he will play because of this offense.   Elias and Hyde do seem committed to getting him playing time.

So if they move Wilkerson to 2B and Villar to SS that will prevent the O's have having Keon and Martin in the lineup at the same time.   We will just have to see how the O's manage the lineup.

Richie might be coming around with the bat.  Probably not, but he's looked capable recently.  I am not sure if we are a better team with the arrangement you've outlined above or with Martin at SS.  I don't think Villar is the defender at SS that Martin is.  I guess if you value better CF play than better SS play, that's cool.  

I agree it would be nice to have a good CF but I think we can all agree that this is a placeholder until we can figure out who can man CF for the foreseeable future.  Maybe we keep K-Brox around as a 4th outfielder.  

16 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Well, he goes back on the balls so well that he can play shallower.   That may turn some of the balls that have been falling in in front of the outfielders into outs.   That would be helpful.  I don't know how much he will play because of his offense.   Elias and Hyde do seem committed to getting him playing time.

So if they move Wilkerson to 2B and Villar to SS that will prevent the O's from having Keon and Martin in the lineup at the same time.   We will just have to see how the O's manage the lineup.

I'm always of the opinion that consistent ABs is great for a player.  It's been a few years, but Broxton's had a decent offensive season- it's a lot of power but a lot of strikeouts though.  At the very least, it's a legitimate centerfielder, and he won't be much worse than Rickard with the bat.....provided he has those consistent ABs I'm talking about.  

Archived