Orioles call up D.J. Stewart

MurphDogg

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think some folks have come around on him.

It's remarkable how some folks took hold of a scouting report when he was drafted and never let go.

He needed to be open to changing his batting stance from college and he was.  Great attitude and really good kid.  I think he was and is a good athlete that just put on the freshman 15 and it stuck to his frame.  I'm rooting like hell for him.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

DJ Stewart went to the same high schol Chipper Jones went to.

Dee Brown too.

Storm Davis was an assistant and head coach there for a few years.

Also home to multiple Olympic swimmers and medalists.

Pretty good sports program...

37 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

DJ Stewart went to the same high schol Chipper Jones went to.

Scott McGregor went to the same high school as George Brett.

Oops, we were supposed to keep this thread about Stewart.

I wonder if Stewart will be as good a hitter as George Brett was?

Glad he finally made it! And a very nice start to the season. Hope he can stay and prove that he's a solid Major Leaguer.

Seriously, I like this guy, and I'm looking forward to seeing where he finishes in the ROY voting. Just for fun, I'll predict he finishes 6th overall ?

His throwing surprised me. Arm looked solid average. Hit the second baseman on the fly from near the wall in the right center gap. 

I expected his arm to be on the level of DSJ or Rickard. 

He also got a great jump on a big swing blooper and looked fast coming in. Wilkerson has a similar kind of ball hit to him and completely misplayed it. 

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

The fact that he put the ball in play, 3 times, v Boyd, is legitimately impressive. The arm from right & the ability to take a base are solid complements to his game if the bat proves it plays. 

I'd accept a 250-basis point drop from his current batting average as long as he hits two doubles or a homer each game.

Archived