Montanez Hits for the Cycle by the 6th Inning!!!

PapaRick

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first post ever - what fun it is to follow the minor league box scores this year

Welcome to the OH!!:clap3: He has 7 RBI's tonight. I just hope he stays for the playoffs,:rolleyes: Bowie has a good shot of winning the EL, but deep down I hope he gets his call up.

Scott Campbell is not in the lineup for New Hampshire tonight and his average was leading the league at .330. But, now with Lou Montanez at .331, 25 HRS and 93 RBI, he has the triple crown lead.

I wonder if Roch will make Lou the topic of his first post at MASN tomorrow. The Altoona radio announcer said that Lou is headed for the league MVP honor. :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Sweet Lou, he's the sweetest, nicest guys you every meet and he happens to my wife's favorite Baysox player:mad:(just kidding) and while I'm typing he just got his 5th hit and his 8th RBI, a careet day I'm sure!!! My selfish being hopes he stays at Bowie and help the Baysoxs win a championship, but my heart says that I hope he gets his shot because he deserves it!!!!

He certainly deserves a call up, but I think the long term rebuild is better served with Lou, along with Reimold, Wieters, Tillman, Hernandez, Berken and Bergensen staying with the Baysox, going to the playoffs and hopefully winning a championship together.

Plus, none of them are currently on the 40 man roster and I believe we would need to make a spot for anyone we called up. I know there are several options that have been mentioned as potential 40 man casualties (e.g., Freddy Deza) that will probably not derail the rebuilding effort, but I am speculating that this is one of the reasons that none of them has been called up to the show this year.

As I finished this post, Lou had a 6th at bat and flew out to RF - 5 for 6 still gives him the batting average lead. Baysox win 19-3.

He certainly deserves a call up, but I think the long term rebuild is better served with Lou, along with Reimold, Wieters, Tillman, Hernandez, Berken and Bergensen staying with the Baysox, going to the playoffs and hopefully winning a championship together.

Plus, none of them are currently on the 40 man roster and I believe we would need to make a spot for anyone we called up. I know there are several options that have been mentioned as potential 40 man casualties (e.g., Freddy Deza) that will probably not derail the rebuilding effort, but I am speculating that this is one of the reasons that none of them has been called up to the show this year.

As I finished this post, Lou had a 6th at bat and flew out to RF - 5 for 6 still gives him the batting average lead. Baysox win 19-3.

I agree, I the think the Orioles Mgmt wants them to win a championship together and hopefully many to come as they make to the Big Show!!!

OK, someone tell me what is wrong with Wieters!! Montanez, Reimold, and Nettles combine to be 8-13 with 4 HR and 13 RBI and all Wieters can do is scrounge up a measly SF? Cut him now!! ;):D

And yes this is very sarcastic!! He is only hitting .352 at Bowie at age 22 for crying out loud. Somehow I think he is actually exceeding expectations. Can't wait to see him up with the Big Club but I understand if AM wants to wait until next year. I am just very happy for the kid. Not everyone can stand up to the expectations of being a first round pick and essentially be a future cornerstone of a franchise. He seems to be responding quite well.

Sweet Lou, he's the sweetest, nicest guys you every meet and he happens to my wife's favorite Baysox player:mad:(just kidding) and while I'm typing he just got his 5th hit and his 8th RBI, a careet day I'm sure!!! My selfish being hopes he stays at Bowie and help the Baysoxs win a championship, but my heart says that I hope he gets his shot because he deserves it!!!!

I agree with everything you said! Congrats to Lou!

Lou is now 5 for 5 with 8 RBI, as he singled in a run in the 8th.

NBC, CNN and FOX have now projected him as Tonight's Orioles Hangout Player of the Night.

If he doesn't make the Orioles Hangout minor league Player of the night I'll fire the managing editor. :D

Seriously though, he's having a hell of a year and is truly making scouts take another look at him.

Like I said a few months back, I just couldn't find the holes in his game and I liked him.

If the Orioles don't put him on the 40-man this offseason he'll certainly be on somebody elses this winter.

If he doesn't make the Orioles Hangout minor league Player of the night I'll fire the managing editor. :D

Seriously though, he's having a hell of a year and is truly making scouts take another look at him.

Like I said a few months back, I just couldn't find the holes in his game and I liked him.

If the Orioles don't put him on the 40-man this offseason he'll certainly be on somebody elses this winter.

sacrilege -- say it ain't so even as a thought to let this guy go

Archived