2019 Orioles Draft Tracker

11 hours ago, Number5 said:

MLB.com has Daschbach as officially signed, but not H. Roth or Hammer.

https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/all/team/orioles

The MLB website is a little weird. Did some of these players only get a 1k bound?  Roth announced via his own twitter he signed. Check out his thread here. 

Our remaining bonus pool money was 340k before this. Well this knocks off 125k, so now we’re at 215k if my math is right. It’s early. 

I have to think I’d Hammar was going to sign for 125k he would have already. So he’s looking like it’s going to be a bit “overslot”. 

At some point on here I saw a tweet on here that said our 38th rd P, Ben Pederson, was in play. It would be nice if we could lure him away from NCAA and pay a bit of a tax. Really take advantage of having the largest bonus pool.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The MLB website is a little weird. Did some of these players only get a 1k bound?  Roth announced via his own twitter he signed. Check out his thread here. 

Our remaining bonus pool money was 340k before this. Well this knocks off 125k, so now we’re at 215k if my math is right. It’s early. 

I have to think I’d Hammar was going to sign for 125k he would have already. So he’s looking like it’s going to be a bit “overslot”. 

At some point on here I saw a tweet on here that said our 38th rd P, Ben Pederson, was in play. It would be nice if we could lure him away from NCAA and pay a bit of a tax. Really take advantage of having the largest bonus pool.  

I don't think it is that uncommon for a senior to sign for a $1K bonus.  Do you have information that contradicts what MLB.com has?  Remember, there is a medical component.  The player tweeting his intentions isn't always the last word.  Without concrete evidence to the contrary, MLB.com is a good source to look at, IMO.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I don't think it is that uncommon for a senior to sign for a $1K bonus.  Do you have information that contradicts what MLB.com has?  Remember, there is a medical component.  The player tweeting his intentions isn't always the last word.  Without concrete evidence to the contrary, MLB.com is a good source to look at, IMO.

19 minutes ago, Number5 said:

We've seen that seniors picked in the first ten rounds often sign for a $5K to 10K bonus.  It stands to reason that some seniors picked much later may sign for less.  No?

My apologies, I thought it said 1M I was rushing to get to the game from Harrisburg and did not bother to read comprehensively!

Mission accomplished. We can’t trade the draft on results for awhile, but we can say strategically it was a success. Good job at identifying what guys would sign for what. It’s nice to know that our staff had the correct reads on these guys and there were no miscommunications. 

Just from doing a quick and dirty look at the system, it seems like we have a strong core of pitching in AA-A ball. Looks like we just added a bunch of college bats to go along with that core. Idk if it was the strategy or just BPA, but seems like we’re going to have a wave of pitchers and hitters grouped together for 2022+. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Today in Rochs "todays lineup" post, he mentions that the Orioles have signed both Hammer and Roth, and that the Orioles have signed all their picks through pick 34 (35 picks signed)

To be clear, the Orioles' 34th pick is their round 33 pick.  34th rounder Zach Arnold hasn't signed, or at least hasn't been reported to have signed.

• Upvote 1