weams

2019 Orioles Draft Tracker

• Plus Member
On 7/12/2019 at 8:34 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Any unsigned players out there that could be in play for 1:1 next year?

No.  There was a high school pitcher that didnt sign in the 7th round and a JC in the 10th.  Those are the only ones that didnt sign in the first 9 rounds.  The top players in next years draft will be their first year eligible to sign.  Unless someone comes out relatively no where.

• Upvote 2

• Plus Member

General comment on the draftees thus far (and recent intl signees too for that matter), but I really like the patience being exhibited by the positional players at the plate.  Seem to be taking a lot more walks than what I’m accustomed to seeing in years past.

And on the flip side most of the pitchers appear to being doing well and succeeding at not issuing at ton of BBs. 

You have to like the early results minus a few slow starts from some guys, young Gunnar being one of those. 

Elias drafted 5 Division II players and 2 Division III.  They aren't doing half bad. Maybe he has found a creative way to add talent to the system through a new pipeline.

Toby Welk (D3) - Hitting well over .300 with some pop. Could be in Delmarva soon.

Mason Janvrin (D2) - Batting .300 with 10 SBs in GCL

Shayne Fontana (D2) - Destroyed GCL, is holding own at Aberdeen.  .854 OPS between two teams.

Nick Roth (D3) - 0.00 ERA and 3 Saves in the GCL

Dillon McCollough (D2) - 8.6 BB/9 11.9 K/9 in GCL

Craig Lewis (D2) - Hit .417 at GCL, is hitting near .300 at Aberdeen

Trevor Kehe (D2) - Only played in 7 games, struggling .508 OPS. 4 Stolen Bases

• Upvote 3

• Plus Member
13 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Elias drafted 5 Division II players and 2 Division III.  They aren't doing half bad. Maybe he has found a creative way to add talent to the system through a new pipeline.

Toby Welk (D3) - Hitting well over .300 with some pop. Could be in Delmarva soon.

Shayne Fontana (D2) - Destroyed GCL, is holding own at Aberdeen.  .854 OPS between two teams.

I have often said that there is a lot of hidden talent in DII, DIII and JuCo. I am glad to see that Elias has the means to find it. 

• Plus Member
17 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Nearly a walk per inning?  He most be throwing a lot of pitches per inning for these results.