There Are Rumblings That the O's Will Not Take Rutschman

Greg Pappas

Personally don’t believe in all the Hype in Rutschman he just seems to be to good to be true and you know what they say it something seems to good to be true it usually is. Personally I’m hoping we take Witt. I think he’s got the orrntoal to be s Griffey, Arod, Trout generational type player. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jrobb21613 said:

Personally don’t believe in all the Hype in Rutschman he just seems to be to good to be true and you know what they say it something seems to good to be true it usually is. Personally I’m hoping we take Witt. I think he’s got the orrntoal to be s Griffey, Arod, Trout generational type player. 

So Rutschman seems to good to be true but Witt is going to be a generational player?

Doesn't your take on Witt seem to good to be true?

24 minutes ago, Philip said:

On the surface, This looks like a very bad idea. When you are a first time GM, and everybody in the world is expecting you to take one guy, the last thing you need to do is take somebody else.

Rutschman is by all accounts a complete player. The others are less so. We need a catcher in the worst way. We need everything, but our position player need is strongest at catcher.

If we pick anyone else there better be a veeeeery good reason.

Just curious what makes you think  Witt Hr is any less of player than Rutschman.

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Yeah, I dunno man...can't not buy the hype about AR and then turn around and buy into the Witt hype.  They're both here for a reason and that reason is they're damn good prospects. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So Rutschman seems to good to be true but Witt is going to be a generational player?

Doesn't your take on Witt seem to good to be true?

It’s not my take on Witt I’m concerned with it’s everybody else take and hype on Rutschman. He’s the one everybody is seeming the second coming. I personally have a tough time getting excited about a catcher at 1-1 as well.

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Personally don’t believe in all the Hype in Rutschman he just seems to be to good to be true and you know what they say it something seems to good to be true it usually is.. 

Tell that to Scott Googins.

1 minute ago, jrobb21613 said:

It’s not my take on Witt I’m concerned with it’s everybody else take and hype on Rutschman. He’s the one everybody is seeming the second coming. I personally have a tough time getting excited about a catcher at 1-1 as well.

No one has said that Rutschman is the next Trout.

6 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Just curious what makes you think  Witt Hr is any less of player than Rutschman.

At this stage in their development Rutschman is by far the better player.  He has proven his dominance at the highest level of college ball.  Witt Jr. hasn't.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No one has said that Rutschman is the next Trout.

Your correct and I haven’t heard that. I can’t explain it my skepticism other than a gut a feeling not necessarily that Rutschman won’t be good but I personally think Witt will be better than good I think he will be great and would rather watch am playing SS for the O’s for several years that I would Rutschman catching .I really like his overall game better than I do Rutcshmans and think he will be the more exciting player to watch providing more highlights. I like his speed to go along with Raw power is glove and plus arm and plays more exciting position. 

Archived