vs. RANGERS, 6/04

OFFNY

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

It went to the backstop because it was a swing at a wild pitch or because Severino flubbed it in the first place?

It was an awful pitch near Andrus' feet, looked like a change up. Severino may have missed it anyway, but Andrus swung and went down on one knee which made him a little late getting out of the box. I don't think he realized it went to the backstop immediately. Severino's throw had to be perfect and it was. The pitch itself wasn't good and missed badly. It fooled Andrus, though.

26 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I didn't think that I would be saying this, but it's a good thing that Severino hit that home run last inning for an insurance run.

o

o

It turned out to be the difference in the game. ) O.o

o

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I fell asleep for a few innings in the middle of the game, which means I'm going to be up for a few hours.

Anyway, iTunes has the McConaughey movie the Lincoln Lawyer for sale for 5 bucks.  Sold.  It's the movie that started the McConnaissance, IIRC.

Anyway, the opening credits are rolling and Josh Lucas is in this movie.  I almost threw the remote when I saw that name.

Haven't seen it.   I've read every one of Michael Connelly's books and McConaughey is just not how I picture Mickey Haller so I have resisted watching it.

The Bosch series on Amazon is absolutely spot on.... all the actors are exactly how I pictured them reading the books.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

It was an awful pitch near Andrus' feet, looked like a change up. Severino may have missed it anyway, but Andrus swung and went down on one knee which made him a little late getting out of the box. I don't think he realized it went to the backstop immediately. Severino's throw had to be perfect and it was. The pitch itself wasn't good and missed badly. It fooled Andrus, though.

Cool! This may have been a career game for Sevy. Or maybe we should have taken someone else at 1-1 yesterday haha.

Just now, SteveA said:

Haven't seen it.   I've read every one of Michael Connelly's books and McConaughey is just not how I picture Mickey Haller so I have resisted watching it.

The Bosch series on Amazon is absolutely spot on.... all the actors are exactly how I pictured them reading the books.

They based books off these movies?  I'll have to check them out.  

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I missed quite a few of Stan the Man Unusual's saves -- I had to turn away, or turn the radio down, and then see or hear how it turned out.

You and Earl (who needed his cigs as well).

WOW!!!

Just finished watching the replay, blind. Didn't know who won til this moment. What a play by Seve to end it!!!!!!!!! Find a replay and watch him grab that ball and FIRE to 1B in like 15 milliseconds! The turn was so fast! Just WOW!

Archived