Live Coverage Resumes 12:00 PM

weams

There is some over slot guys but I don't think we have the money for any of them with The Gunnar pick which should take up any savings that we can get from Adley.  I think we go college pitcher here to build up some for a over slot guy down around the 8-12th round.   IO wouldn't mind going with Cronin out of Arkansas who is one of the top relief prospects and has a big spin rate seems like a guy Elias would like.  

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I guess I don't get the logic of it.  You select a 9th round talent in the 3rd round so you can draft a 2nd round talent in the 9th round?  Why not just select that guy in the 3rd round?

each has a value range, they must think this give them a better change to get both.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I guess I don't get the logic of it.  You select a 9th round talent in the 3rd round so you can draft a 2nd round talent in the 9th round?  Why not just select that guy in the 3rd round?

You are not just picking some bum but a guy that is an easy sign like a senior college guy for 4th year junior that doesn't have a lot of leverage in signing.  They may be a 5th round prospect and weill take that money.  This allows you to save some money on those picks and gives you less risk then losing the pcik to a guy that won't sign.  Some guys are seen as tough signs but things can change and then you get lucky and get a 1st or 2nd round talent in the 9th round.  

Archived