2019 8th round pick (228): Griffin McLarty - RHS - (JR) College of Charleston SC

• weams changed the title to 2019 8th round pick (228): Griffin McLarty - RHS - (JR) College of Charleston SC

New analytics edge, LLWS dominance:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/college-of-charleston-pitcher-was-little-league-world-series-hero/article_31489aaa-676c-11e9-9a23-1be096a88b06.html

McLarty pitched a complete-game, four-hit shutout, striking out 12 Clinton County batters. For good measure, he smacked an opposite-field home run in the first inning, the only run scored in La Grange’s 1-0 victory.

“That’s probably a night I’ll remember the rest of my life,” McLarty said.

Two days later, La Grange lost to a team from Warner Robbins, Ga., that featured future University of Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm.

“Because of the pitch-count rules, I only got to pitch in that one game,” McLarty said.

Being a good baseball player at age 13 doesn’t always translate to stardom later in life. McLarty, a junior, is one of only two players from that La Grange team to play college baseball. Still, McLarty is convinced that his experience at the Little League World Series has helped him at the College of Charleston.

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Wow. That's really awesome.

He did really well that night as well (pitched a shutout, 12Ks, 5H, 1BB, and hit a solo HR in the 1-0 win) 

Interviewed like a 30-year old veteran.   

Archived