Where do 2019 picks fall into our Minor League Rankings?

ScGO's

On 6/6/2019 at 1:44 PM, Cy Bundy said:
  1. Rutschman 
  2. Mountcastle
  3. SonGuez
  4. Hall
  5. Hays
  6. Diaz
  7. Henderson
  8. Hall
  9. Prospect of the day: Akin, Kremer, Stowers, Lowther, Mckenna, Rom
  10. Prospect of the day 2: 

I think you nailed it. Diaz has struggled in Bowie, but let’s not forget his ST and LAD AA success. I get that people have soured on Harvey, but you can’t give up on that arm. Especially when healthy. Some people had Zach Pop top 10ish last year and think what Harvey could be as a 1 IP reliever?

I don’t see any of these guys earning enough MLB time this year to lose prospect status . I’d have to imagine that we’d have one or the better Top 10’s in MLB. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McKenna will fall because the organization is trying to get more power in his swing. The upside is there, and I don’t think this approach is working. I’d rather see if his normal approach would work better as it did in Frederick. Diaz won’t fall that much, mainly because I think he might have been playing hurt, hence the low numbers in Bowie. 

1. Rutschman

2. Mountcastle

3. GreyRod 

4. Hall 

5. Diaz

6. Hays

7. Henderson

8. Hall (promote him to Frederick. Would be a great promo for double hall night or something). 

9. Kermer 

10. Rom. 

31 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I plan to start the "Grayson Rodriguez 2020" thread on the first day of ST next year just so I don't have to see "GrayRod" all year.

I see GrayRod sticking once he makes it to the MLB, for sure. Especially if he is successful, could see it being a nickname nationally for him. I like it.

I'm one of the people who types GrayRod and even I hate it. I think he's well known enough around these parts to just start referring to him as either Grayson or Rodriguez. I'll probably go with Grayson. I've already settled on Gunnar for the new kid. Hope he signs.

3 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

To get this thread back in the direction it was intended, can anyone here grade the Grayson change v the Hall Curve... @Tony-OH @Luke-OH .. between the two, Halls fb appears to be the best pitch, Grayson has advanced control, the top secondary pitch is important in this unimportant discussion about where we rank the young pitching prospects. 

I haven't seen enough of either yet to give you an accurate decision of one vs the other. I do think Rodriquez gets much high grades on current pitchability and Hall gets the nod on pure stuff, especially with the fastball.

I remember a year recently where MLB pipeline had pretty much our entire top 10 picks in their updated, post draft, top 30. I know our farm system was terrible but Preston Palmeiro was like top 20 when that came out. 

I know we go by other resources now, LUKE/TONY, but don’t be surprised to emphasis on the recent picks. 

Archived