August 4th @ LAA

Big Mac

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone else listening on the radio? Manfra's got a cold or something...its driving me nuts.

Ahh, he sounded rough the other day too. I don't understand why they don't just let Angel do the whole game when Manfra's clearly struggling.

Is anyone else listening on the radio? Manfra's got a cold or something...its driving me nuts.

I've got the sweet, dulcet tones of Gary Thorne going right now.

And um... whatever you wanna call Buck Martinez' voice. :D

Ahh, he sounded rough the other day too. I don't understand why they don't just let Angel do the whole game when Manfra's clearly struggling.

I just keep thinking, "Dude, clear your throat already!" (That's what she said)

They let Manfra do the whole game when Angel wasn't around about a month ago.

Obviously, if the other teams are hitting home runs, that means that WE can hit home runs there too!!!

Camden Yards plays hitter-neutral anyway. It's not a home-run park. Moving the plate back 7 feet does nothing aside from cost money, screw with the sight lines, and make it a pretty significant pitcher's park.

I don't think there's any good reason to do it, considering that Camden Yards is far from a bandbox.

Well camden reminds me a lil bit of Wrigley.

Well camden reminds me a lil bit of Wrigley.

Except that Wrigley's a home-run hitter's park when the wind is blowing out, and Camden plays neutral.

I've been to Wrigley. They're waaaaaaaay different beasts.

C'mon Buck...are you seriously criticizing Mathis for getting that bunt down on that squeeze attempt? The pitch was coming towards face...he's lucky he got the bat on the ball at all.

Yeah... ya think maybe he didn't want to get plunked a third time? ;)

C'mon Buck...are you seriously criticizing Mathis for not getting that bunt down on that squeeze attempt? The pitch was coming towards face...he's lucky he got the bat on the ball at all.

So....Buck Martinez: Great Announcer, or The Greatest Announcer?

Archived