Ghiroli: Adam Jones

weams

https://theathletic.com/1027254/

‘I gave them blood’: Adam Jones opens up on industry perceptions, blocking trades and learning to embrace change

GettyImages-1152056357-1024x683.jpg
By Brittany Ghiroli 3h agocomment-icon@2x.png 40
WASHINGTON — Adam Jones doesn’t like change.

It’s not uncommon among baseball players who thrive on routine and schedule to become averse to anything that disrupts that. Jones has no problem admitting he loathes the unknown. He’s always liked simple things: family, food, baseball. The color red. The irony that he dons this color every day now, following the biggest upheaval in his professional life, isn’t lost on him.

“You know I don’t like change,” Jones said Thursday afternoon, perched in the visiting dugout at Nationals Park, less than 50 miles from where he left a legacy in Baltimore. “I had a great time, 11 years in one place. I thought it would last longer, maybe 14 or 15 years. It didn’t. That’s not going to take away my love and passion for this game and the people that supported me.”

Wearing Arizona red shorts and a Field & Stream camouflage long sleeve T-shirt, Jones has just come from a Diamondbacks team meeting. He...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like Jones as much as anyone else but I'm just not interested in what he's got to say.  Dude has had a career that 99% of all big leaguers would be proud of.

I am thrilled with the career that Adam had for us. 

26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like Jones as much as anyone else but I'm just not interested in what he's got to say.  Dude has had a career that 99% of all big leaguers would be proud of.

Why aren't you interested in what he has to say if you like him as much as anyone else?  

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

And 100% of us fans, wishing we could have played pro ball. :)

Just now, Going Underground said:

Didnt he already turn down a trade to the Phillies, last season?

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

He can;t turn them down if traded this year. No more 10 /5 guy.

Yup, beat me to it.  Not sure it's the smartest move though.  If he didn't want to be there last year, why would he this year.  I know I wouldn't want my team to acquire a guy that didn't want to be part of the team.

1 minute ago, jerios55 said:

Yup, beat me to it.  Not sure it's the smartest move though.  If he didn't want to be there last year, why would he this year.  I know I wouldn't want my team to acquire a guy that didn't want to be part of the team.

He kinda replaces McCutchen though. 

Archived