Ghiroli: Adam Jones

weams

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

It is fact, fake or urban legend.

Lots of people speculate, with a more or less access to the real facts, I would be interested in talking to the principal characters and hearing what they have to say about this subject. The last three years of that regime consisted of one bad decision after another, and I Would be extremely interested in hearing what Buck or Dan would have to say about it.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Lots of people speculate, with a more or less access to the real facts, I would be interested in talking to the principal characters and hearing what they have to say about this subject. The last three years of that regime consisted of one bad decision after another, and I Would be extremely interested in hearing what Buck or Dan would have to say about it.

it doesnt take much to see the ability DD had before the Blue Jays came calling, and the results was 5 years of being the best record in the AL, to the disastrous results after the Blue Jays.

Decision making didnt get better until the boys took over and Elias/Sig combo was hired.

20 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

it doesnt take much to see the ability DD had before the Blue Jays came calling, and the results was 5 years of being the best record in the AL, to the disastrous results after the Blue Jays.

Not to defend the BJ's, but technically it was Mike Rogers of Rogers Communication trying to regain control by planting "his man" in control of baseball operations including the Rogers Center.  Cito still sucks

I'm perfectly fine with Jones vetoing the trade. It's his right in the CBA. I think his reasons were essentially the same as Manny's reasons for wanting to play SS before free agency. Both wanted to be priced as every day regulars at a premium position. If Jones went to Philly, he was going to be a platoon CoFer.

5 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I'm perfectly fine with Jones vetoing the trade. It's his right in the CBA. I think his reasons were essentially the same as Manny's reasons for wanting to play SS before free agency. Both wanted to be priced as every day regulars at a premium position. If Jones went to Philly, he was going to be a platoon CoFer.

I have no disagreement with anything Jones said that’s been quoted in this thread.    I hope he has several more productive years and ends up in a situation that makes him and his family happy.   I have no doubt that he’ll give 100% effort to whatever team he plays for.     I look forward to the first time he plays a road game at OPACY; I’m sure the fans will be very glad to see him.

o

I have no problem whatsoever with any Major League player saying that he wants to continue playing for the Orioles ........ for any reason, whatsoever.

I don't care if it's the most irrational, absurd, self-serving, far-fetched reason in the history of mankind ........ if he makes a point of it to do everything in his power to remain an Oriole, he has a place in my heart.

o

20 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Fun fact: Adam Jones it hitting better than Machado right now.  .811 OPS (107 OPS+) vs .758 OPS (103 OPS+).  I don't think Petco is being very kind to Manny right now.

.904 OPS on the road versus .637 at home.  What is also interesting: .313 BABIP on the road against .247 at home.  He's definitely having some bad luck at Petco.  

Adam’s comments related to effort is the difference as to why Baltimore will always revere Jones while (I speculate) most Orioles fans hold a certain amount of disdain for Manny.  If Machado displayed the same grit, determination, and baseball savvy Adam Jones has, he would warrant the same level of respect Trout has by all fans.  

2 hours ago, atomic said:

That is just looking it through your viewpoint.  He didn't want to be away from his family for two months.  Nobody wants to drive 4 hours each day to get back and forth to work.  He is already on the road for half the time.  And at the end of the day he earned the right to veto a trade and he didn't even have to give a reason. 

Absolutely. Who cares what his reasons were? He doesn’t have to justify anything to anybody.

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

We all know what went wrong.

The fricking blue jays wanted DD, and Peter stop trusting DD to make baseball decisions, making him a lame duck GM.

And I'm still angry MLB didn't do anything to rectify that garbage situation. I'm also pissed Angelos didn't do a better job of getting rid of Dan after that hot garbage. This is the biggest reason I believe the Orioles are not 2015 WS Champions. I'll never forgive them for that debacle after the lights went out in 2014.

Archived