Ghiroli: Adam Jones

weams

38 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

.904 OPS on the road versus .637 at home.  What is also interesting: .313 BABIP on the road against .247 at home.  He's definitely having some bad luck at Petco.  

BABIP is somewhat influenced by park effects, particularly on flyballs, but also on grounders (speed of infield - artificial infields tend to inflate babip.)  I imagine that it's not 60 points of batting average different though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

.904 OPS on the road versus .637 at home.  What is also interesting: .313 BABIP on the road against .247 at home.  He's definitely having some bad luck at Petco.  

For the team as a whole, their BA is 24 points lower and OPS 78 points lower at home vs. on the road.    

16 hours ago, $Greatness$ said:

And I'm still angry MLB didn't do anything to rectify that garbage situation. I'm also pissed Angelos didn't do a better job of getting rid of Dan after that hot garbage. This is the biggest reason I believe the Orioles are not 2015 WS Champions. I'll never forgive them for that debacle after the lights went out in 2014.

Wat could baseball do? The Orioles were negotiating with the Blue Jay's for months.  The Blue Jay's also contacted the White Sox about their GM and their president told them to get lost and that was the end of that.

MLB actually told Angelo's several times to settle the situation. This is all on the Orioles.

Archived