Montanez heading to the show

Tony-OH

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did they have a roster spot open, or is this expected because Jones is heading to the DL and they will replace Lou with Jones.

If there is a spot open, could he be there for tonights game, or will he get into LAA for tomorrow. Im assuming that he gets here tomorrow since he just got the callup today.

I wanted it to be Reimold, but I dont mind Lou coming up, he was mashing the ball and really deserved it.

Montanez can replace Jones of the 25 man roster. Loewen can go on the 60 day DL making room on the 40 man roster.

When Waters in called up tomorrow, I look for Fahey to be optioned to Norfolk making space of the 25 man roster and Ray can go on the 60 day DL to make room of the 40 man roster.

I guess this means we will not see Payton traded any time soon.

I'm extremely skeptical of Lou having long-term ML success. His career Mil OPS is .773. Maybe he finally figured it out this season, but I don't think this is the case. Before this season, Montanez had 3,200 Mil AB's that showed he can't hit. He has hit well in 400 AB this season. I'll put my money on the 3,200 AB that say he can't hit.

I actually Reimold would be more likely to have success if he was called up. His K:BB ratio is much better than Lou's this season, which makes me think he would have less trouble with ML pitching.

Just my 2 cents.

I, too, am very skeptical. However, he certainly deserves the opportunity. I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Got to be pleased for Montanez.

99% of us on here would've been more likely to end up like him instead of a Matt Wieters had we been lucky enough to play pro ball, so with any humanity whatsoever, you've got to relate to it on a feel good level.

As far as why this is the best move for the organization, again, most of the guys on the minor league rosters are not Wieters, Reimold, Arrieta types with bright futures. The vast majority of them are chasing a dream that's never going to come true. Unless, that is, they keep busting their butt like Montanez and hit that hot streak from heaven one of these years. This is proof that all that hard work can pay off. Ride it, Lou, ride it!

I, too, am very skeptical. However, he certainly deserves the opportunity. I wouldn't mind being wrong.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong as well, but I can't just ignore those 3,200 AB. I'm sorry to rain on the parade, that's really not my intention.

This isn't the way to do it.

Reimold should have gotten the call.

I agree.

Reimold's K:BB ratio is much better than Lou's. Lou has struckout twice as many times as he has walked. Reimold has walked 49 times and has only K'd 60.

I think Reimold would have more success right now against ML pitching.

Archived