Montanez heading to the show

Tony-OH

Why? Montanez is playing much better than Reimold.

Montanez isn't part of the future of this team in anything more than a bench role...Reimold should be getting the at bats at this level this year, not Montanez.

Now, i don't mind Montanez up here...Much rather watch him than Payton, Redman or someone else we could have brought up...besides Reimold.

They both should be up here but Reimold should be the one starting on an everyday basis in LF while Jones is out.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm extremely skeptical of Lou having long-term ML success. His career Mil OPS is .773. Maybe he finally figured it out this season, but I don't think this is the case. Before this season, Montanez had 3,200 Mil AB's that showed he can't hit. He has hit well in 400 AB this season. I'll put my money on the 3,200 AB that say he can't hit.

I actually Reimold would be more likely to have success if he was called up. His K:BB ratio is much better than Lou's this season, which makes me think he would have less trouble with ML pitching.

Just my 2 cents.

Perhaps, but now is the perfect time to find out. THe man is on absolute fire down on the farm now. He'll carry some confidence with him, and we'll find out if he ever has a chance to be a good big league player. He's a couple years older than Reimold, so let's find out about Lou first. And it's not like we are looking for someone to save our season.

Well deserved!!

Why? Montanez is playing much better than Reimold.

Reimold is much more likely to be a future contributor on our team for the next 6+ seasons.

Reimold has mashed his entire Mil career, Lou has just done it for 3+ months this season.

Montanez isn't part of the future of this team in anything more than a bench role...Reimold should be getting the at bats at this level this year, not Montanez.

Now, i don't mind Montanez up here...Much rather watch him than Payton, Redman or someone else we could have brought up...besides Reimold.

They both should be up here but Reimold should be the one starting on an everyday basis in LF while Jones is out.

Why not? It's not like he is a 30+ journeyman? Was he a first round pick of the Cubs or am I thinking of someone else?

So what if Montanez comes up and goes ape :cussing:? If he plays, well why wouldn't he be apart of the future?

Yep, totally agree.

I wonder how Reimold takes this. He wasn't happy with the lack of opportunities in ST and now the team passes on him again.

Why not? It's not like he is a 30+ journeyman? Was he a first round pick of the Cubs or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes, he was a first round pick, but again he has shown almost no offensive ability in 3,200+ AB before this season. He's a 26 year old journeyman. Reimolds overall numbers are much better than Lou's.

Lou's ceiling is pretty much a 4th OF.

Montanez has had 2 stints in AAA(the only times he has been above AA). In those 2 stints, he had a 652 and a 742 OPS.

This year, was his FOURTH year in AA...He hasn't been good at his levels until he has seen the league before and has been old for his league.

I certainly think he deserves a shot to see if he can be a productive bench player but calling him up before Reimold is a joke.

Besides, he has more to gain by staying in AA right now, since he can win the triple crown down there.

Let say that Reimolds never makes it to the show withe the O's and signs as a 6 year free agents and has a good year at AA or another organization. Do you think that the fans of that organization would have the same opinion as Montanez? Maybe he will be another Guthrie?

Montanez has had 2 stints in AAA(the only times he has been above AA). In those 2 stints, he had a 652 and a 742 OPS.

This year, was his FOURTH year in AA...He hasn't been good at his levels until he has seen the league before and has been old for his league.

I certainly think he deserves a shot to see if he can be a productive bench player but calling him up before Reimold is a joke.

Besides, he has more to gain by staying in AA right now, since he can win the triple crown down there.

Exactly. He's having a good year, but I don't understand people ignoring the 3,000+ AB's that show he can't hit.

Archived