Montanez heading to the show

Tony-OH

Guest rochester
Montanez isn't part of the future of this team in anything more than a bench role...Reimold should be getting the at bats at this level this year, not Montanez.

Why is this such a "the sun will rise in the AM" given? Stranger things have happened...maybe he just "got it." This promotion is well deserved.

Saying that, I would like to see Reimold as well.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me neither. I'm glad to see what the Montanez can do, but man does it suck losing Jones to the DL. He has gotten to be so fun to watch. What a bummer.

I'm not a doctor, and I didn't even used to be one for pretend, but a foul ball off the foot (right?) shouldn't be too threatening, so at least we have that going for us. My guess is that if we were in the thick of things, he'd be playing tonight. Although he's shown no signs of slowing down, think of it as two weeks of rest for our young stud. Plus, a lot of us are getting our wish: MONTANEZ! I'm pretty psyched about this, but it's pretty crummy circumistances.

Said it one...will say it again..be optimistic... Carlos Pena anyone?

Carlos Pena's career OPS, mostly at AAA, is .900.

Lou Montanez' career OPS, mostly at AA, is .771.

Not seeing the parallel here.

As an aside though, I'm really happy for Montanez. I hope he plays well. I wish Reimold would've gotten a look, but the organization feels like rewarding Montanez for his year. And I think we see Reimold in September anyway.

Not even close. Pena at age 22 and 23, at AA and AAA had a .944 and .949 OPS respectively. Montanez at age 26 with 4000 plate appearances finally puts up .986 OPS.

I realize that there is a slim chance that Montanez is going to be a fixture here...but isn't it at all possible that he may have been put at the right place at the right time and something clicked with him? I know its unlikely, but isn't it at all possible that the guy could be a decent major leaguer?

I'm not talking about Ken Griffey Jr. I'm talking about a guy who could take Payton's place on this team as the 4th outfielder next season.

I realize that there is a slim chance that Montanez is going to be a fixture here...but isn't it at all possible that he may have been put at the right place at the right time and something clicked with him? I know its unlikely, but isn't it at all possible that the guy could be a decent major leaguer?

I'm not talking about Ken Griffey Jr. I'm talking about a guy who could take Payton's place on this team as the 4th outfielder next season.

It's possible, but it also isn't likely. It will probably be moot anyway since I'm not expecting much PT in his time here.

Archived