Hyde postgame

eddie83

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Opposing pitcher was lefthanded Saturday and Sunday.   And Friday, and today.

Looks like Hyde doesn't want to start Sisco vs lefties.,

I get that with other positions, not sure that is the way to go with catchers. Especially Sisco whose strength is supposed to be his bat. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The catching situation is unusual. Remember Sisco catching 10 or so straight games in Norfolk? Wynns is on game 4 right now, a day game after a night game.

Maybe they realized Sisco was human and needed a rest?

Three straight lefty opposing pitchers.

Three straight starts by the righthanded hitting Severino,    Three straight games on the bench for lefthanded hitting Sisco.

It's really simple, I don't how some of the most intelligent posters on this board are acting all mystified about this.   You can disagree the strategy, but talking about how unusual it is and speculating about every possible reason EXCEPT the extremely obvious one is kind of silly.

5 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

Nothing was done? You're in the Orioles' clubhouse now? You're privy to private conversations between Hyde and his players?

Your whole line of argument in this thread is beyond silly for about a dozen reasons. Here's a few of them.

1. You seem shocked when the Orioles make sloppy plays. I hate to break it to you, but...the Orioles have lots of bad players. Bad players make bad, and often sloppy, plays. The talent level just isn't there.

2. You seem to think that verbally criticizing players, in public or behind closed doors, has no meaning and cannot possibly have an effect. That's certainly not true.

3. You advocate for Hyde to send players to the minors, even though, a.) that's not his decision, and b.) some of the players you mention are out of options or cannot be sent down without their permission.

4. You think that the most appropriate "punishment" for a player is to be publicly humiliated and pulled from a game in progress. How often does any manager pull a player in the middle of a game for making a sloppy play? 

5. You think the O's can just get rid of all the players who make sloppy plays and replace them with someone else. As if the replacements, fresh up from the minors or the waiver wire, wouldn't also make mistakes. You'd run out of players pretty quick.

I missed the game yesterday, I was at the Nats game.   What inning did the incident occur in?

Because the Orioles only have a 3 man bench, which basically means a backup C and 2 other guys.   Basically 2 moves you can make in the game that don't relate to the C.   So making one of those moves early in a game and basically just leaving yourself with one move left for the entire game isn't a very good spot for a manager to be in.  [I happen to think having just a 3 man bench is ridiculous, but that's what we have[.

So basically what Phillip wanted is for Broxton to be yanked from the game, WIlkerson to move from left to CF, Santander to move from RF to LF, Mancini to move from 1B to RF (hopefully switching gloves when he did) and Davis to come in and play first, leaving us with only Ruiz [and Sisco] on the bench,.   All to "teach a lesson".

I don't think I would have done that if I was managing.

Like I said, I don't know how early in the game the incident took place, but if it wasn't in the late innings I think that would have been a bad move.

43 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

At the quick game today.Red Sox played sloppy.Many wild pitches and infield defense was bad.Two double plays were not turned due to bad throws.They won but sort of looked like they didn't care.

They absolutely didn't care. Orioles are now one of those "Bad teams find ways to lose" deals. So the Sox were already looking passed them as they knew they would win. It's depressing!

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Three straight lefty opposing pitchers.

Three straight starts by the righthanded hitting Severino,    Three straight games on the bench for lefthanded hitting Sisco.

It's really simple, I don't how some of the most intelligent posters on this board are acting all mystified about this.   You can disagree the strategy, but talking about how unusual it is and speculating about every possible reason EXCEPT the extremely obvious one is kind of silly.

I've been working during all 3 games and didn't pay attention to what arm the other teams starter threw with. 

As a manager there is only so much Hyde can do he doesn’t make the roster decisions. I mean he has input but the roster that responsibility falls on Elias. Hyde just has to coach up the guys he has to the best of the ability of him and his coaching staff and not beat them down imo. The players need to accept personal responsibility for their actions and show some accountability. When they see they are making mental lapses do what they need to do to re focus whether thats spend extra time taking fielding drills, more time in the cage, etc. I don’t think benching guys to make a point is going to work, if you feel its reached that point I’d much rather he communicate with Elias that its best to go ahead and cut bait with this guy because its become obvious he’s not making the most out of the opportunity he’s been given, When they consistently start showing they cant do the little things right and are not putting the work in or making progress it’s time to cut bait and get some fresh blood up here, find guys that can at least play fundamental sound baseball. I don’t think its smart to string guys along that you know aren’t going to cut it. These are men being paid to do a job and when your not meeting the standards of your job you deserve to be let go don’t delay the inevitable by putting them on the bench. If you feel there is till hope for the player continue to coach them up and put the work in with them and send them out there everyday to do the job they’re paid to do, but if not fire their butts.

7 hours ago, $Greatness$ said:

They absolutely didn't care. Orioles are now one of those "Bad teams find ways to lose" deals. So the Sox were already looking passed them as they knew they would win. It's depressing!

One vendor right outside  the stadium was yelling Red Sox hats for sale   Fenway South it is.I dont remember that blatant pitch right outside the stadium. That being said, at  least yesterday seemed about 60% Oriole fans at Sunday's game.Even though near the end of the game some very loud "Let's Go Red Sox " cheers.That was the longest game I have ever been at in the regular season.The pitching was pretty ugly but somehow not many runs till late .Not sure why pitchers now get ahead 0-2 on the Orioles ninth hitter and then throw three balls in the dirt.Be aggressive.I wonder why games take so long because pitchers are nibbling with the bad hitters 

Unless I am not seeing it MASN never showed the entire press conference in its entirety on their website. Only an edited version talking about Bundy. Why?  

Also I thought last week someone said Palmer criticized Davis on the postgame- nothing like last year- and that never aired on the website either. Just think it is curious.  

Archived