Hyde postgame

eddie83

Just now, Obando said:

To be honest, I haven’t even been impressed with Broxton defensively, and that is supposed to be his strength.  He’s not a good hitter, so if he’s making mistakes defensively, he basically offers no value to this team.  His speed is wasted because he can’t even get on base, so opportunities for him to steal are minimal as it is.  I would rather just bring Mullins back up to play center and let him take his lumps in the majors.  At least he has proven to be a good defender.

Straily was a failed experiment and is a waste of a roster spot at this point.  He was never that good to begin with, and now he’s not even useful as a reliever.

If I’m Elias, I’m designating both players for assignment and giving other guys opportunities.  

I just wrote this very thing in the defense thread. If the thread was named for Broxton it would be The Meh-defense Thread.

That last bit was for C_o_c.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Obando said:

To be honest, I haven’t even been impressed with Broxton defensively, and that is supposed to be his strength.  He’s not a good hitter, so if he’s making mistakes defensively, he basically offers no value to this team.  His speed is wasted because he can’t even get on base, so opportunities for him to steal are minimal as it is.  I would rather just bring Mullins back up to play center and let him take his lumps in the majors.  At least he has proven to be a good defender.

Straily was a failed experiment and is a waste of a roster spot at this point.  He was never that good to begin with, and now he’s not even useful as a reliever.

If I’m Elias, I’m designating both players for assignment and giving other guys opportunities.  They can’t be any worse than Broxton & Straily have been.  Even though Villar and Alberto tend to get lazy in the field at times (and in Villar’s case, foolish on the bases as well), at least they have been mostly productive overall and bring some value to the team.

When did Mullins prove himself to be a good defender?

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I feel for him. I guess he’s not perfect either, but this is his first rodeo. He’s in a no-win situation (quite literally).

Could you imagine your job is to dig holes but management doesn’t have any shovels?

He interviewed for something like 6 other mlb teams this offseason.  He knew the chance of him getting a different MLB managerial job was remote,  He can go back to being a bench coach when this is over.  

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

He interviewed for something like 6 other mlb teams this offseason.  He knew the chance of him getting a different MLB managerial job was remote,  He can go back to being a bench coach when this is over.  

Maybe.

This reminds me of the movie drowning Mona. 

“When life gives you lemons make lemonade”

”What if life gives you sh*t?”

Well Elias sure hasn’t given any help to Hyde.  I am surprised the team has played as well as the have.  Seems like the wheels are fallling off the cart.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Very, very blunt. Can’t wait until video is posted. 

He is pretty much going off. 

So what? If he’s blunt and angry and does nothing, who cares?

See what he DOES, not what he says. So far he’s done damn little. Not one single guy had been pulled from a game for bonehead play.

I would have pulled Broxton at the end of that inning, and Severino as well. Send in the bullpen catcher, for Pete’s sake. Sloppy play without consequences is inexcusable, and there’s been LOTS of soppy play and no consequences. They are bad because the players aren’t good. But they don’t have to be embarrassing.

The league is laughing at you, O’s. Don’t you care?

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

This reminds me of the movie drowning Mona. 

“When life gives you lemons make lemonade”

”What if life gives you sh*t?”

Well Elias sure hasn’t given any help to Hyde.  I am surprised the team has played as well as the have.  Seems like the wheels are fallling off the cart.

Define playing well? 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

So what? If he’s blunt and angry and does nothing, who cares?

See what he DOES, not what he says. So far he’s done damn little. Not one single guy had been pulled from a game for bonehead play.

I would have pulled Broxton at the end of that inning, and Severino as well. Send in the bullpen catcher, for Pete’s sake. Sloppy play without consequences is inexcusable, and there’s been LOTS of soppy play and no consequences. They are bad because the players aren’t good. But they don’t have to be embarrassing.

The league is laughing at you, O’s. Don’t you care?

I am not sure he has the power to do exactly what he wants .

Archived