Hyde postgame

eddie83

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

So throwing arm must be excluded as a part of good defense.

Just to be clear, I do think his routes had improved to begin the season, but in no way do I consider him a “good defender”.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Philip said:

So what? If he’s blunt and angry and does nothing, who cares?

See what he DOES, not what he says. So far he’s done damn little. Not one single guy had been pulled from a game for bonehead play.

I would have pulled Broxton at the end of that inning, and Severino as well. Send in the bullpen catcher, for Pete’s sake. Sloppy play without consequences is inexcusable, and there’s been LOTS of soppy play and no consequences. They are bad because the players aren’t good. But they don’t have to be embarrassing.

The league is laughing at you, O’s. Don’t you care?

Does nothing? Says who, you? 

He just called the team out in front of all of them. 

Just now, Going Underground said:

Define playing well? 

They have a .300 wining percentage I expected a .250 winning percentage. I guess Means, Servino and Alberto have exceeded my expectations but I expected Cobb to pitch. 

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Just to be clear, I do think his routes had improved to begin the season, but in no way do I consider him a “good defender”.

I think Mullins is decent getting to the ball, but he has one of the worst outfield arms I’ve ever seen. Having a hard time thinking of someone worse.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Does the manager have the power to find players for sloppy play? “You played like crap today I’m finding you your salary for the day.”

Is that allowed?

Do you mean ‘fine’? Because believe me, he’s found plenty of players who play sloppy baseball.

Just now, eddie83 said:

Does nothing? Says who, you? 

He just called the team out in front of all of them. 

So? How about the Bullpen meeting last week? Really “...struck fear into the hearts of men,”huh?  

Read what I said. I said pay attention to what he does, not what he says. I don’t give a damn what he says, I wanna know what he does.

The team doesn’t have to play perfectly. where does he get that stuff? The team has to play clean baseball. If they play clean baseball, they may lose anyway, Because a good team playing clean is going to beat a bad team playing clean every time( and a bad team playing sloppy will lose every time, as we are seeing almost daily) But at least they will be playing clean. And if they play sloppy, as I also said, he needs to do something and he needs to do it right then. When Broxton comes back into the dugout, it’s,”you’re done for the day because of your bonehead play.”

I think we can all agree that this isn't the rebuild yet but more of a tank than anything.  Hyde came from winning and I'm sure he knows the S---T  show he was getting himself into but also hates when basic high school fundamentals can't be performed.  Loosing is one thing getting embarrassed is another.

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

They have a .300 wining percentage I expected a .250 winning percentage. I guess Means, Servino and Alberto have exceeded my expectations but I expected Cobb to pitch. 

I expected clean baseball and MUCH better defense. I am astonished that the team is possibly more sloppy than they were last year and even less engaged.

I’m starting to think that Brandon Hyde is not the right guy for this job.

Archived