Hyde postgame

eddie83

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

So? How about the Bullpen meeting last week? Really “...struck fear into the hearts of men,”huh?  

Read what I said. I said pay attention to what he does, not what he says. I don’t give a damn what he says, I wanna know what he does.

The team doesn’t have to play perfectly. where does he get that stuff? The team has to play clean baseball. If they play clean baseball, they may lose anyway, Because a good team playing clean is going to beat a bad team playing clean every time( and a bad team playing sloppy will lose every time, as we are seeing almost daily) But at least they will be playing clean. And if they play sloppy, as I also said, he needs to do something and he needs to do it right then. When Broxton comes back into the dugout, it’s,”you’re done for the day because of your bonehead play.”

Hyde said the team has to play perfectly to beat more talented teams like the Red Sox. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, atomic said:

He can make them run laps.

When I was in the army we did push-ups, but about four weeks into basic training we could do 100 push-ups at a time so we stopped caring. On the other hand we still did everything we could to avoid push-ups

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I expected clean baseball and MUCH better defense. I am astonished that the team is possibly more sloppy than they were last year and even less engaged.

I’m starting to think that Brandon Hyde is not the right guy for this job.

Well he was the guy willing to take the job.  I am guessing you would have a hard time finding someone better willing to take the job.

Just now, Philip said:

When I was in the army we did push-ups, but about four weeks into basic training we could do 100 push-ups at a time so we stopped caring. On the other hand we still did everything we could to avoid push-ups

100?  Really?  In four weeks.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

So? How about the Bullpen meeting last week? Really “...struck fear into the hearts of men,”huh?  

Read what I said. I said pay attention to what he does, not what he says. I don’t give a damn what he says, I wanna know what he does.

The team doesn’t have to play perfectly. where does he get that stuff? The team has to play clean baseball. If they play clean baseball, they may lose anyway, Because a good team playing clean is going to beat a bad team playing clean every time( and a bad team playing sloppy will lose every time, as we are seeing almost daily) But at least they will be playing clean. And if they play sloppy, as I also said, he needs to do something and he needs to do it right then. When Broxton comes back into the dugout, it’s,”you’re done for the day because of your bonehead play.”

And how do you know what he does? Are you in the clubhouse?  Dressing down a player in public may be a show you want to see but we have no idea what conversations are said behind closed doors. 

Last 2 nights have been bad but this team has “played” better than last year. 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Hyde said the team has to play perfectly to beat more talented teams like the Red Sox. 

Well, if “clean” is synonymous with “perfectly” in his mind then ok. But clean fundamental Baseball would’ve made the difference in, I don’t know, maybe 15 games this year? Pitching is pitching, and ours is crap, but clean defense, and clean base running? Those two would have made a big difference in our record.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Well he was the guy willing to take the job.  I am guessing you would have a hard time finding someone better willing to take the job.

With a new regime? A new commitment to an entirely new way of running the entire organization? Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that? Plus, if everything goes south on you you can put the blame on others.

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

And how do you know what he does? Are you in the clubhouse?  Dressing down a player in public may be a show you want to see but we have no idea what conversations are said behind closed doors. 

Last 2 nights have been bad but this team has “played” better than last year. 

All right, I’ll use small words.

What matters is what he DOES.

If he screams at a guy behind closed doors, and then says,” now get out. You’re starting at SS tomorrow.” Then he hasn’t DONE anything. He has only SAID something. I wouldn’t want him yelling at me, but when the yelling stops, it’s business as usual and that means nothing.

when he starts sitting guys for sloppy play that will mean something. He can’t send down Davis and a few others but he can send down damn near everyone else. And he should. If winning is not part of our long term planning( or however Elias stated it) then who is up or down doesn’t matter. Send them down for a couple weeks. Bring up Rickard and Mullins and anyone else. Let Villar and Severino ride the Norfolk bus for a couple weeks.

otherwise when the yelling stops it’s back to normal.

Just now, Philip said:

All right, I’ll use small words.

What matters is what he DOES.

If he screams at a guy behind closed doors, and then says,” now get out. You’re starting at SS tomorrow.” Then he hasn’t DONE anything. He has only SAID something. I wouldn’t want him yelling at me, but when the yelling stops, it’s business as usual and that means nothing.

when he starts sitting guys for sloppy play that will mean something. He can’t send down Davis and a few others but he can send down damn near everyone else. And he should. If winning is not part of our long term planning( or however Elias stated it) then who is up or down doesn’t matter. Send them down for a couple weeks. Bring up Rickard and Mullins and anyone else. Let Villar and Severino ride the Norfolk bus for a couple weeks.

otherwise when the yelling stops it’s back to normal.

He can’t send down anyone. The GM makes those calls. 

If he sat all the players who have played sloppy at some point they won’t have enough players to field a team. 

Archived