Hyde postgame

eddie83

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Did he say they had over 30,000 today and over 60% Red Sox fans?. They and Yankee fans help ,otherwise attendance would be worse.Angelos boys also happy.

I was at the game, and if I had the power to mentally cause 18,000 people to simultaneously drop dead, I probably would have been irritated enough to use it.   

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Did he say they had over 30,000 today and over 60% Red Sox fans?. They and Yankee fans help ,otherwise attendance would be worse.Angelos boys also happy.

Yep, the announced number is 30,050.   For some reason, ESPN no longer lists attendance with the boxscore, but it is available elsewhere.   60%  Sox fans, mostly from Northern Virginia.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Depends on age and sex.  Not sure what the current standard is.  Best I did on an actual test was 72.

I worked with some guy who was in the Marines who always bragged about how great the marines were and I said I challenged him to a push up contest and he said they didn’t do push-ups on Marine test only pull ups because pushups were meaningless,

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

I worked with some guy who was in the Marines who always bragged about how great the marines were and I said I challenged him to a push up contest and he said they didn’t do push-ups on Marine test only pull ups because pushups were meaningless,

My step son visited the Marine recruiters when they visited his High School and he did multiple correct chin ups on their chin-up bar. They were impressed and gave him a Marines lanyard, and when he offered to do some pushups for them they said they weren’t necessary. Now he’s an engineer, thankfully.

Sounds like I picked a good game to miss.   I was at the Nats game watching Adam Jones and Christian Walker hit home runs and TJ McFarland pitch the last inning for Arizona.

Followed the score, had no idea about all the misplays and such.   At least it seems like a good outing for Bundy.

2 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

You have to 80 in 2 minutes to get a perfect score. I’ve seen plenty of dudes rip off that 80 in a minute. No real point in going past that but it’s  definitely doable.

Yeah I don’t doubt it.  I could never get anywhere near that but I am also a big guy.  If you are thin and have short arms it is a big advantage. 

Being tall and having large bones structure is also bad for running long distances.  So us big tall guys are at a disadvantage at two of the three tests.

5 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Yep, the announced number is 30,050.   For some reason, ESPN no longer lists attendance with the boxscore, but it is available elsewhere.   60%  Sox fans, mostly from Northern Virginia.

I was at the game. While there were a lot of Sox fans, there were still more Orioles fans.  

8 hours ago, atomic said:

They have a .300 wining percentage I expected a .250 winning percentage. I guess Means, Servino and Alberto have exceeded my expectations but I expected Cobb to pitch. 

Is that his position, I'm having problems remembering what that guy does. Wish I had the same problem with our first baseman.

Archived