Thorne says O's on Tex's list

JTrea81

There have been a lot of people though that have ruled us out, including a bunch on this board.

Who and why? I haven't seen any of that.

This just shows that we aren't out of the Tex race yet, not by a longshot.

Nobody that is willing to pony up the biggest contract is out of the Tex race. Nobody.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't news...This has always been known.

Your right, it just shows how a couple of Hangouters can influence a bunch of others. Tex has basically always said this, but some's opinion that we don't have a shot have recently swayed people to believe this.

I cannot imagine the roller coaster of emotions that is going to be the Hangout this off-season as it pertains to Tex. The worse part is that he probably won't sign until after the winter meetings, IMO.

BTW, on ESPN Radio coming back home from work tonight they were referencing an earlier interview with Kurkjian who said it's highly unlikely that he resigns with LAA. I don't have a link, and I heard this from a radio host who heard it from Kurkjian. But that's the story apparently, not that he's always right or anything.

There have been a lot of people though that have ruled us out, including a bunch on this board. This just shows that we aren't out of the Tex race yet, not by a longshot.

Is this supposed to mean anything though?

People who have ruled this out clearly haven't been paying attention.

His parents like to see him play and were at every Oriole game when he was with Texas and they played here. I have heard they come to Oriole games from time to time anyhow. He was asked if he would consider the Orioles in the off season and he said yes and then commented he spent 18 years in the area and his parents are there. Does that help our chances? I say yes! How much will he cost? In my rating the 1B's on another post I said $17 million a year. He is currently making $12.5 million. For a player whose power numbers have been declining the last two years that is a pretty nice pay increase. His defense is A+ so he gets a little extra for that and also because we don't have to trade for him.

Your right, it just shows how a couple of Hangouters can influence a bunch of others. Tex has basically always said this, but some's opinion that we don't have a shot have recently swayed people to believe this.

I cannot imagine the roller coaster of emotions that is going to be the Hangout this off-season as it pertains to Tex. The worse part is that he probably won't sign until after the winter meetings, IMO.

BTW, on ESPN Radio coming back home from work tonight they were referencing an earlier interview with Kurkjian who said it's highly unlikely that he resigns with LAA. I don't have a link, and I heard this from a radio host who heard it from Kurkjian. But that's the story apparently, not that he's always right or anything.

Good point. And until he signs or doesn't, the O's could be shockingly inactive (particularly when it comes to trading away vet players).

Although, I guess if your an optimist there's hope they make a couple early splashes in order to woo Tex.

I don't think that's what Thorne said at all.

Tex said that he was considering Baltimore as an option, and then said something along the lines of "I've spent 18 years of my life there...."

Anyone going to pay attention to this? This is a completely innacurate thread title. Tex didn't say ANYTHING about the O's being on the top of his list, he just said the O's were ON his list.

Even when it's good news, JTrea overreacts.

Anyone going to pay attention to this? This is a completely innacurate thread title. Tex didn't say ANYTHING about the O's being on the top of his list, he just said the O's were ON his list.

Even when it's good news, JTrea overreacts.

I was going by a second hand report, so I've edited the OP and if a mod wants to change the title - fine by me...

I was going by a third hand report, so I've edited the OP and if a mod wants to change the title - fine by me...

So, you've got a board full of people who have MASN, but you think that you - with "third-hand information" - are the one who should start a thread?

Oy. Vey.

Edited to say: okay, second hand. My bad.

So, you've got a board full of people who have MASN, but you think that you - with "third-hand information" - are the one who should start a thread?

Oy. Vey.

Nobody else did, so why not? I felt it was important and thought I had the facts straight. I was partially wrong and it's corrected but the intent of the post is quite legit.

The Orioles have a chance to sign Mark Teixeira this offseason and he won't extend with the Angels this season. That's the point.

Nobody else did, so why not? I felt it was important and thought I had the facts straight. I was partially wrong and it's corrected but the intent of the post is quite legit.

The Orioles have a chance to sign Mark Teixeira this offseason and he won't extend with the Angels this season. That's the point.

Nobody else did because it wasn't actually news. This is just going to devolve into another ten-page Tex banter thread.

Nobody else did because it wasn't actually news. This is just going to devolve into another ten-page Tex banter thread.

How was it not news? Nothing had been mentioned about O's and Tex at all since the trade in the media. This clarified where the O's stood with Tex. Everybody thought the O's would have a shot, and now Tex has said the O's have a shot. He also confirmed there were no extension talks in place with the Angels.

But if you want to poo poo it that's fine...

I choose to see it as a positive development for us in the Teixeira chase.

I wonder if him and Vlad have had some chats since he got there?

Mt. St. Joes has a horrible Spanish program....

:wedge:

Tex: "hey Vlad...what's up? Como Estamarimos?"

Vlad: "Just go hit home runs" *walks away*

Archived