Thorne says O's on Tex's list

JTrea81

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How was it not news? Nothing had been mentioned about O's and Tex at all since the trade in the media. This clarified where the O's stood with Tex. Everybody thought the O's would have a shot, and now Tex has said the O's have a shot. He also confirmed there were no extension talks in place with the Angels.

But if you want to poo poo it that's fine...

I choose to see it as a positive development for us in the Teixeira chase.

It actually means nothing at all. When a member of the Baltimore media asks Tex if the O's will be on his list come free agency, what do you expect him to say? I have absolutely no interest in the O's?

No. He's say "they're on the list." "They'll be an option."

It actually means nothing at all. When a member of the Baltimore media asks Tex if the O's will be on his list come free agency, what do you expect him to say? I have absolutely no interest in the O's?

No. He's say "they're on the list." "They'll be an option."

Especially considering that the Orioles will likely be bidding hard for him to come here. So, even if he doesn't really want to come to Baltimore, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll still be using the organization to drive his price up. I mean, he is a Boras client. Obviously you don't want to just give up as huge a tool as the Orioles could be to get the maximum amount of money possible.

Tex mentions Baltimore, fans drool all over themselves; Angelos knows that the fans are all about Tex. You can be 100% certain the Orioles are going to be "in it" even if Tex has no intention of playing for the O's.

You guys should know to ignore the rhetoric going forward. He's going to the highest bidder. And with both NY teams in the market for a 1Bman and moving to new stadiums - the chances are really high that a NY team will be the highest bidder.

Repeat after me, "Tex isn't signing here." This should cut down on the head banging, raised blood pressure levels, insomnia, and also carpal tunnel (from hitting the refresh button) .

You're welcome

Dr. Tony

Repeat after me:

If the O's offer Tex the biggest contract, he'll sign here. If they don't, he won't.

Repeat after me:

If the O's offer Tex the biggest contract, he'll sign here. If they don't, he won't.

Mack you were the first person I thought of when I read that post by Firestone the other day talking about how Tex wants to go to a team that's a perennial contender.

It'd surprise me if you truly thought Tex would sign with a team like the Pirates or the Royals if one of those teams came in with the biggest offer.

Mack you were the first person I thought of when I read that post by Firestone the other day talking about how Tex wants to go to a team that's a perennial contender.

It'd surprise me if you truly thought Tex would sign with a team like the Pirates or the Royals if one of those teams came in with the biggest offer.

I think it'll be a combination of "what team is going to offer me the most money that gives me the best chance to win right now?" Just my opinion.

And if that's the case, I think the Orioles are playing from behind.

So what you're saying is...eff the naysayers because they don't mean a thing, this is what style you bring?

Now it's morning but last night is on my mind.

There's something I need to get off my chest: no matter what will come to shine, Sherrill will continue to close games for the O's. :rolleyes:

This is going to sound dumb, but where do we put players if Tex DOES sign with the Orioles? It seems to me that if Huff doesn't move out of the DH slot, there's no room for a Scott/Reimold platoon there, unless one is on the bench for each game, which sounds like a waste of talent. My only suggestion would be to cut Mora and move Huff there and put Tex in the lineup, but I don't think the FO is likely to do that, considering Huff's likely inability to play 3B everyday and Mora's contract.

Any ideas?

Repeat after me, "Tex isn't signing here." This should cut down on the head banging, raised blood pressure levels, insomnia, and also carpal tunnel (from hitting the refresh button) .

You're welcome

Dr. Tony

Totally agree.

Would some of you give JTrea a break? Good grief!

Seriously.

Jtrea is the resident board over reactor, and most every time he brings it on himself, but there are a few times where he doesn't. Since he's known for over reacting and reading into things far too much, some of the criticism is warranted, other times it's just picking on him where another poster might not receive the same treatment.

IMO, this wasn't that bad of an infraction. If he didn't get the quotes right, BFD. I think everyone on here has had a few moments where they didn't relay stories or info that was 100% accurate.

It happens. Get over it.

And please, only beat up on JTrea when he actually deserves it ;)

This is going to sound dumb, but where do we put players if Tex DOES sign with the Orioles? It seems to me that if Huff doesn't move out of the DH slot, there's no room for a Scott/Reimold platoon there, unless one is on the bench for each game, which sounds like a waste of talent. My only suggestion would be to cut Mora and move Huff there and put Tex in the lineup, but I don't think the FO is likely to do that, considering Huff's likely inability to play 3B everyday and Mora's contract.

Any ideas?

That one's easy. Reimold plays in AAA.

Any ideas?

I agree that Huff can't handle playing 3B everyday.

Regardless if we sign Tex or not, we should be shopping Huff hard this offseason. It's very unlikely he will be able to repeat his success this season next year. He is a FA after '09, if we can't get fair value for him this offseason, we should rotate him in '09 between DH/1B/3B and take the draft picks when he leaves for FA after next season.

Archived