Thorne says O's on Tex's list

JTrea81

More Tex talk:

STOPPED TO see the Angels before taking a red eye to St. Louis to hang with Manny, and heard Mark Teixeira say his three favorite places to play are New York, Seattle and Anaheim.

Is it safe to assume he will sign next year with New York, Seattle or the Angels?

"I said my three favorite stadiums are in those places," Teixeira said.

"So it just comes down to money and who pays you the most, and that's where you will play next year?" I said.

Teixeira was taken aback. "Am I on 'Candid Camera'?"

Close.

So OPACY isn't one of Tex's favorites? That's kind of surprising considering OPACY would help Tex's #'s and that it's his home state park. Seattle is also surprising just because it would kill his power #'s.

But in the end it's the $ that will get Tex and not the view of the Warehouse or Boog's...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More Tex talk:

So OPACY isn't one of Tex's favorites? That's kind of surprising considering OPACY would help Tex's #'s and that it's his home state park. Seattle is also surprising just because it would kill his power #'s.

But in the end it's the $ that will get Tex and not the view of the Warehouse or Boog's...

3 Year Splits

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=4937&type=batting3

By Stadium AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB HBP SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS Angel Stadium 91 14 25 6 0 7 18 20 1 14 0 0 .275 .407 .571 .978 Safeco Field 97 16 23 9 0 3 10 14 1 24 0 0 .237 .339 .423 .762 Yankee Stadium 62 8 21 7 0 2 12 3 0 13 0 0 .339 .369 .548 .917 

I can see why he likes LA & NY, but Seattle is a bit of a mystery.

3 Year Splits

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=4937&type=batting3

By Stadium AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB HBP SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS Angel Stadium 91 14 25 6 0 7 18 20 1 14 0 0 .275 .407 .571 .978 Safeco Field 97 16 23 9 0 3 10 14 1 24 0 0 .237 .339 .423 .762 Yankee Stadium 62 8 21 7 0 2 12 3 0 13 0 0 .339 .369 .548 .917 

I can see why he likes LA & NY, but Seattle is a bit of a mystery.

Scratch Yankees Stadium off the list as they open up in their new ballpark next year and no one knows how that will play.

Keeping the Tex talk going - and in this thread:

Teixeira hears pleas of Orioles fans

Even from half a continent away, Mark Teixeira has heard the relentless pleas for him to come home. The Severna Park, Md., native knows all about the online petition that intertwines his name and the hopes of countless Baltimore-area fans, and he's said it would be a dream come true to play for his hometown team. But that doesn't mean it will happen.

"It's always something that would be very special to me. But like I said, in a couple months, when the season's over, I'll sit down and make those decisions. "

Scratch Yankees Stadium off the list as they open up in their new ballpark next year and no one knows how that will play.

IIRC, they're building the new park with the same dimensions as the old one.

It's conceivable that balls may carry differently if wind patterns are impacted, but beyond that, I wouldn't anticipate much change in park factor.

Let's say Tex gets a ring this year. Will he say "Ok I've got a ring now, last thing to do is play for the hometown team". Or will he say "Man I really like this winning thing, I'm staying right here or only going to a winning team so I can do this again"

Let's say Tex gets a ring this year. Will he say "Ok I've got a ring now, last thing to do is play for the hometown team". Or will he say "Man I really like this winning thing, I'm staying right here or only going to a winning team so I can do this again"
He'll say "Man, I got a ring. Now i'll sign with the team that offers me the most money."

And if he doesn't win it all this year?

"Man, sucks that I didn't get that ring. Now I'll sign with the team that offers me the most money."

IIRC, they're building the new park with the same dimensions as the old one.

It's conceivable that balls may carry differently if wind patterns are impacted, but beyond that, I wouldn't anticipate much change in park factor.

My only concern is of course the wind patterns...

I don't know which side Tex has more power from but if it's the left side (like with most switch-hitters) OPACY will not help him. Sure it's a short porch to right but that wall takes away a lot of homers too. I saw Carlos Delgado hit a ball that would still be going but all he got was a single when it crashed off the top of that wall. The year Brady hit 50, he only hit 19 at OPACY. You'll see similar numbers with most other lefties at OPACY.

Even from half a continent away, Mark Teixeira has heard the relentless pleas for him to come home. The Severna Park, Md., native knows all about the online petition that intertwines his name and the hopes of countless Baltimore-area fans, and he's said it would be a dream come true to play for his hometown team for $25Mil a year. But that doesn't mean it will happen.

"It's always something that would be very special to me. But like I said, in a couple months, when the season's over, I'll sit down and make those decisions. "

Fixed that...

Torii Hunter plans on doing his best to convince Mark Teixeira to stay with the Angels this offseason.

Hunter plans on taking him to southern California's finest restaurants, and also wants to show off the weather: "You can get a tan," Hunter said. "You can tan naked if you want to."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=3329

:vader:

Well we know what Torii Hunter does on his days off. :eektf:

But in reality, he can sell LA all he wants. Come November, there'll be guys in New York calling to do the same thing, and maybe Boston, and definitely Baltimore.

Tex knows how much the O's want him, how much the O's fans want him... I'm just hoping that if he gets two deals that basically amount to the same, he takes the Orioles.

That's all the O's can ask for, really. They'll have to pony up big like everyone else.

Archived